Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

clutch ticking noise??

9K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  spastic88 
#1 ·
wondering if anyone nows if this is normal or something that is commonly wrong with 03 r6's. i notice it mainly when puzting up my drive, its gravel and i just idle up it, makes a helacious clicking sounds. and when im stopped and in neutral with clutch out it does it, but when i pull the clutch in it goes away. any ideas?? thanks

#5 ·
well i brought the bike to a yamaha dealer today and had the shop manager listen to. he said it doesnt sound like anything out of the ordinarary. he says the r6 has a noisey clutch to begin with, so unlesss its starts to get worse he wouldnt worry about it, so i was happy.

#6 ·
Have you noticed that when you're cruising to a stop with the clutch pulled in and you've downshifted to first, there is a weird noise? Not sure if this is normal, but my last bike didn't make this sound. Kinda hard to explain the noise, It's kind of a mechanical engine/drive noise.

#9 ·
I have an 03 with about 7500k with the EXACT same problem. it sounds more like a rattling of something. If im sitting with the clutch pulled it, its fine. As soon as I shift into neutral and let the clutch out, it rattles. Not exactly sure what it is. I also have the "ticking" problem when my bike is running. 2 seperate noises.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.