Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
mikelikebike
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little background. I just got done replacing my headgasket, and everything was going fine, until i left my driveway and the bike shut off. It displayed fault code 19. The sidestand switch tests good with a multimeter.

I went through the sidestand circuit yesterday testing wires for continuity. No wires showed any signs of breaks or shorts. I proceeded to test the relay unit that serves the sidestand switch, and it tests bad. The relay unit has a couple of relays and some diodes, and resistor. Around 8pm, with mosquitoes trying to take me away, I decided to bypass the relay. I put a jumper wire from L/W to L/W2. On page 8-3 of the service manual #13 is the relay unit, and #14 is the bad relay I was jumping. I guess the bike didn't approve of what i did, because the shift light started flashing, and the needle started sweeping the tach. Even after I took the key out of the ignition the flashing and sweeping continued.

Please please help

·
mikelikebike
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure why the gauges were going crazy, but she is up and running again. I replaced the relay unit, and the neutral switch. Im not sure why the relay unit went out, but I know I cooked my neutral switch when I jumped the relay. Oops

1 - 3 of 3 Posts