Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an 07 R6v got about 3500miles, for the past couple months i has been trying to fix my Diag #60, but nothing seem to help.

Symptoms
-From a cold start idle isn't stable til the bike warm up. " normal?"
-Sometime while riding, rpm seem to be stuck at around 6k - 6.5k "in all gears", otherwise rpm is smooth
-Sometime when i start up the bike from a cold start, bike would start up with non-stable idle
- Sometime throtle doesn't work when start up. So i have to restart the bike til throtle work.

After looking through service manual, and running diagnostic tests. and check all the wires.
I assume it was "throtle servo motor, or throtle position sensors", so then i pick up a whole throtle body from a different bike to replace the current one. Too bad all the symtoms where still there .

Symptoms
-From a cold start idle isn't stable til the bike warm up. " normal?"
-Sometime while riding, rpm seem to be stuck at around 6k - 6.5k "in all gears", otherwise rpm is smooth
-Sometime when i start up the bike from a cold start, bike would start up with non-stable idle, but throtle doesn't work. So i have to restart the bike til throtle work.

After rechecking all the wires, and the throtle body. I assume this time it got to be the ECU.
So i bought, a new ecu. At first everything seem to be okay. But some problems still exist and a new one came out.

- Bike still has nonstable idling till it warm up around 160
- Throtle does not seem to be stuck at 6k-6.5k anymore.
- Sometime throtle doesnt work at start up, which require to be restart.

New problem
- After starting the bike up. when i turn on my Projector, check engine would come on, and throtle would not work. "only happen sometime" If i start the bike with projector switch on, its fine.

Help me please. Sorry i'm a fob so my grammars is not all that great.

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is link to my bike.
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120359

Could it be the exhaust that causing all these problem "not enough back pressure?" ? Cause i do not have exhaust elimator, or PC. Pre-owner swap out stock exhaust with the shorty without doing anything to it. Rev motor is still connected to the bike.

or do i just need to change out the coils and the sparkplugs?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
The rough and choppy idle happens frequently to bikes with exhausts and no fuel delivery mods to compensate. Does the bike have the muffler box in the belly pan still? With a slip on it is not as likely to occur. What kind of air filter is on the bike too?

Regarding the throttle not working, I have no clue what to suggest. It couldn't hurt to put the bike in diag mode and read out what the TPS readings are.

Bump.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
sent you a pm

On my 07, I had similar problems, when I started it, it wouldnt hold steady and turn off. Had to open the throttle waaayyy up to get it to hold after a while. Other thing was that the throttle would not work sometime, never figured out why. Finally my battery died while trying to start the bike as it wouldnt hold idle.

Replaced battery and coil packs and never had a problem till I sold it. Maybe its a battery issue or the coils, so why dont ya give it a try and see if thats the problem. Maybe get the coils from a friends bike and try them before you order a new set for yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts