Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20k+ miles, ECU flash, blah, blah, blah...
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08 R6 with 20,000k on it. ECU flashed a month or 2 ago. A cold start the bike idles a little off and would shut off wit the smallest amount of throttle(before ECU flash). I got ECU flashed and problem went away. I made a manometer, tried to sync throttle, adjusted cylinder 3 and 4 and nothing happened. Cylinder 3 and 4 are .5 turn out from all way in, I continued to adjust screws then check engine light came on. I put cylinder 3 and 4 back to what I thought was normal, shut bike off, turned bike on and light was off.
Now the cold start issue is back, idles little off, shuts off wit tiny throttle and idles fine after 15 to 20 seconds and throttle response is normal.
Any ideas?
Adjustment screws not back to normal spot???
Thank u

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
If the vacuum readings readings are good, the cold start issue is typically indicative of it running lean. When you twist the throttle, allowing even more air in, it makes an already lean condition worse and kills it. My guess is, you have the screws adjusted so it's back to lean again. What codes are stored and what do they mean?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wrote down all codes and readings. I went back to see which code is which.
D61 and D62 shows errors. Everything else is normal.
I'm gunna look up how to fix ignition module sensor.
Not sure why the memory unit D62 is showing 10 errors when there's only 1 error?? Any ideas??
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to mention that I changed the plugs and coils couple months ago. Could that be the reason? I cleared both codes

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. I'll turn bike on tomorrow and see what happens. If stalling continues to happen with new codes or not I'm gunna adjust 3 and 4 a tiny bit each time and one at a time🤞.
Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No codes came back. Ur right, cylinder 3 had to much air and was over turned about a qtr. Once I corrected cylinder 3 it sounds better and didn't stall when I opened the throttle a little.
Thank u!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spoke to soon🤦‍♂️. I can tell it made the throttle response better and back to normal. Gutta keep moving and checking. Thanks again

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cylinder 2- .5 turns out
Cylinder 3- 1.5 turns out
Cylinder 4- 1.5 turns out
Not sure if I gave the bike enough time for an actual cold start but the hesitation isn't as bad which is odd. Figured it would be the opposite. Trying it out tomorrow afternoon to see🤞

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I found the correct positions for cylinder 2,3 and 4 so it doesn't shut off at cold start with throttle but the throttle response is sluggish. Now I put screws back to what I think is the proper position and the throttle response is great and quick but shuts off after cold start with throttle. I believe I'm close but not sure. Going to the track this weekend and gunna ask a few ppl🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️.
Thanks again

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Per manual, cylinder 3 is your reference cylinder that shouldn't be touched. So 1, 2 and 4 would be adjusted to match 3, and 3 would be pulling vacuum that is well within the specs listed in that manual.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cylinder 1 is painted white and doesn't move at all. I was told whatever cylinder is painted white is the reference cylinder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts