Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone in central Indiana rides out in this weather? I'm in Avon, 10 miles west of Indianapolis and am out on my bike daily, as long as there isn't any snow on the ground.

Anyone else still ride?

·
Registered
327 Posts
You can count me in! I live in franklin bout ten miles south. Also go to college in lexington and have been riding to class everyday.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah I found out that real fast one day when it was about 20* out! Don't accelerate hard through third.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sounds good man. Always looking for people to ride with.

·
daily
245 Posts
I too ride year round.....but im in florida so i dont know if that counts? What do you guys to for thermals or under layers, cause when it gets in the 60's im freezing my butt off!

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dammit man lol, some one post that lives in Indiana that wants to ride with me. And 60 degrees? I'm out when it's 20-30. 60 degrees is shorts and T-Shirt weather (not on the bike) haha. I wish I lived some place warm.

·
daily
245 Posts
yeah Im glad my bikes in the shop right now cause there was a cold front this weekend and it was pretty chilly outside..... but seriously how and what do you guys gear up with? I just wear a mesh jacket and some leather jardine gloves usually with just jeans and a tshirt during the day but at night when it drops into the 60's it just seems a lil too cold for comfort and I dont know what im going to do when it drops in the 30's like you guys ride! Its my daily so if there are any tips on what works good to stay warm that would be awsome.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just wear a thermal long underwear shirt, another shirt and my icon jacket with inner lining and 20-30 degrees feels like nothing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I haven't rode in a month. It was about 50F did a 90mile trip. I think i got a bit of hypothermia,The temp dropped to about 33F The AIT's on my bike were reading 38F!!!!!!!! i knew i was ****ed if i didnt make it home soon so my buddy and i did 130ish all the way back home lol

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Its 29 this morning. I'd ride in it if I really wanted to, or haven't been on the bike in months. But its only been two weeks since ive riddin, so im not to that point yet.

Ive found out, its not really hard to miss riding when its cold. Sure I'd like to ride, but It doesn't frustrate me like rain does. Ill get to the point where Ill want to just go ride in the rain (I don't though), but when its cold I have no desire to get out and ride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts