Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the consensus on those colored tires weve seen in the mags. Anyone have them>

·
Banned
786 Posts
I think they look pretty cool for a show bike or something like that, but as for a daily ride I wouldn't. Last year at the Lone Star biker rally saw a '04 green kawi with the green tires and looked crappy cause the tires were turning black from the road...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i seen markers where you draw in between the lines of the tires which i thought was kinda cool, except when your going it looks the color you used so to each his/her own

·
Registered
728 Posts
I can respect those tires for a show bike, but other than that, it's completey "ricey" IMO. :throwup

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I read somewhere that all the colored tires are retreads, not worth the chance to me. I als othink they look cheesy, and I personally would not want paint added in to my tire compound.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool thanks guys... I saw them the other day on I-5 and I just think they are out of place.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my .02 cents

I think they look LAME. I would never put something that grotesque on a clean bike. To me they seem to make the bike look cheap.

·
Registered
65 Posts
motoklubhead said:
my .02 cents

I think they look LAME. I would never put something that grotesque on a clean bike. To me they seem to make the bike look cheap.
agree! If they are retreads.. then its a safety issue. WHo puts these out anyway? I woundt buy them unless they were from a reputable company like michilen, bridgestone, etc. :throwup

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
^ I read somewhere that they are made by the same company that makes the retreads for the major airlines, i'd still pass on them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts