Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone encountered any grips that they find more comfortable from the stock grips, or can anyone warn me away from grips that are particularly uncomfortable. I´m going to put on some grip heaters from http://www.dual-star.com/. They seem like a good alternative to those that come with thier own grips. There´s an article about them on http://www.svrider.com at this link: http://www.itrocks.com/motorcycles/sv650heatedgrips.htm. Most likely they will require me to destroy at least the clutch side grip.

So any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I put Harris grips on mine. The clear ones that say R6 under the clear.

Anyway, I had to cut both the stock ones off.

Also, when you buy the grips, get some of that sticky stuff and put it on first or else yor new grips will twist and turn when you ride.

Also, don't get grip heaters.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Oh and you don't need to buy the sticky stuff for the grips. Regular hair spray has worked for me on my last two sets of grips. And I have been caught in a heavy down pour twice this past spring and my grips never spun!

I used auqa net. It was left over from my potato gun adventures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
:piss
get a gold wing if you really want grip warmers
I know it may sound wierd, but I prefer to have full function of all my appendages when riding. And it may also sound wierd, but it does get pretty damn cold here, especially in the hills. So I have the choice of wrecking my beautiful R6 because my cold, nearly frozen hands failed me in one of the many crazy situations you encounter on the often crappy roads outside of the city, or I could put on wussy hand warmers, save my bike, give myself more security, and have warm fingers to boot. To me, the choice is clear.

Anyway, a track day with a goldwing sounds, huh, interesting, but I think I´ll stick to sportbikes :hammer .

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would have to agree with the warm hands, and no Goldwing... but I think I'm going to save the $80.00 and get glove liners for my J.R. Phoenix gloves. They're plenty warm, but they're vented that's all...

-Solace

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
dj1298 said:
More like your cross dressing days!

Now that's out of the way, ya, being a mile above sea level makes for some chilly weather, even that far south. if the warmers give you better feel for whats happening on the road beneath you because you can feel your hands, then by all means get them. Although Solace's liner idea sounds cheaper......

·
Registered
829 Posts
Damn it Penfold....Your banned!

Just kidding....I can take it. But you better hope I don't change your avatar for you!

·
Registered
995 Posts
i had oxford heated grips on my old bike.and before u start taking the piss,it woz because of my broken fingers, wen they get cold there's just constant pain.my doctors and physio don't know i've been ridin all summer

·
Registered
308 Posts
penfold said:
dj1298 said:
More like your cross dressing days!

Now that's out of the way, ya, being a mile above sea level makes for some chilly weather, even that far south. if the warmers give you better feel for whats happening on the road beneath you because you can feel your hands, then by all means get them. Although Solace's liner idea sounds cheaper......
:laugh :lmao

Can you feel the heat through the gloves?

·
Registered
97 Posts
honestly though, I ride when it is damn cold out (33 degrees is my coldest so far this year). I just use my exhaust as a hand warmer... whenever i happen to come to a stop.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Doooog, that's funny man... I do the same thing at stop lights. It works for a bit, and keeps you over till you get home, lol.

-Solace :jump

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i just bought and installed a set of those gel type grips. i noticed my hand was getting numb around like 5k rpm. thought i try these handgrips. heard many good stories about them so i spent the $10 and put it on. never really had a chance to try them out yet, damn rain........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts