Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
R6=GO!!!!!!!!
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, today i stopped at my local mini mart and on the way out a guy told me it's looks nice BUT i'll get tired of it real quick. he said it's ok for it's class but i'll want something bigger. so what do you guys think? don't really care about his opnion but i figured i would throw it out there.. let me here what you have to say..:werd

·
Registered
428 Posts
I plan on my 600 being a stepping stone to something like a Ducati 1098.. but I wouldn't go as far as to say I'de get 'bored' of it.. sounds like an asshole..

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
i think he cant satisfy girl...bitch

I dont see why everyone thinks the 1000 is the way to go...i fckin hate em. Yeah they've got strait line power but how much skill does that take? They're heavy and feel shitty in the turns. A friend of mine just came to visit and took my 6 out for the first time in a year, who currently he rides an 06 gixxer 1000. The second he came off my bike he said he'd strait up trade anytime. He said of course there is a power difference but the feel of the 6 on the road and how easy it was to handle was absolutely night and day compared to his 1000.

You wont get bored...and if you get bored...stop goin in strait lines and take the curves

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
most of our abilities will never exceed the abilities of our R6. i know for a fact that i and most others are not pushing our bikes to their absolute limits. i will never be as good Rossi, so until then i will be happy on my 6 unless my riding style dictates otherwise. i may be unhappy on a straight or a drag strip, but thats not why i bought and R6.

·
Registered
332 Posts
When you get bored, I'll gladly take that yellow POS of your hands........ LMAO

gary

·
Registered
280 Posts
i think he cant satisfy girl...bitch

I dont see why everyone thinks the 1000 is the way to go...i fckin hate em. Yeah they've got strait line power but how much skill does that take? They're heavy and feel shitty in the turns. A friend of mine just came to visit and took my 6 out for the first time in a year, who currently he rides an 06 gixxer 1000. The second he came off my bike he said he'd strait up trade anytime. He said of course there is a power difference but the feel of the 6 on the road and how easy it was to handle was absolutely night and day compared to his 1000.

You wont get bored...and if you get bored...stop goin in strait lines and take the curves

I never rode a 1000 but seriously why do people say they are hard to handle turning wise? I sat on an R1 and it felt just like my R6...I personaly LOVE the R1 but am scared shitless of it and would never ride it..

·
Registered
803 Posts
I never rode a 1000 but seriously why do people say they are hard to handle turning wise? I sat on an R1 and it felt just like my R6...I personaly LOVE the R1 but am scared shitless of it and would never ride it..
r1 does not feel anything like a r6.

·
Yamaha Man
178 Posts
I believe the saying of "you'll get tired of it" comes from when 8-10 years ago the 600's were very underpowered. It is not the case anymore. The R6 is pushing close to the same hp as older liter bikes. I have both, and love both. I will also be getting the new 09 if it has drastic changes, as expected. I believe it will handle alot like the r6, but with more straight line power.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I personnally think that a 600 has plenty of power! My buddy has an R1 and he wishes he had my bike for everyday commute just because its more comfortable to ride around town and in traffic! Im sure that dude was a pussy and that bike would kick his ass!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
oh god...ride the 600 the RIGHT way and theres NO way it will be slow or you'll get tired of it. People are lazy and they dont like to downshift and those are the people who get liter bikes. Ride your bike around 7-8 rpms and if you want to go faster just downshift the damn thing.

Shifting is the fun part of the 600. Shifting is almost nonexistant on the liter bikes. Thats why 600s are more "fun". Like I said, ride your 600 the right away and you'll be surprised how well you will hang with the liters. I have a cbr 600 but all 600s are so close these days

·
Registered
146 Posts
oh god...ride the 600 the RIGHT way and theres NO way it will be slow or you'll get tired of it. People are lazy and they dont like to downshift and those are the people who get liter bikes. Ride your bike around 7-8 rpms and if you want to go faster just downshift the damn thing.

Shifting is the fun part of the 600. Shifting is almost nonexistant on the liter bikes. Thats why 600s are more "fun". Like I said, ride your 600 the right away and you'll be surprised how well you will hang with the liters. I have a cbr 600 but all 600s are so close these days
I learned real fast to keep the rpms up and downshift to hang with the 1000's. I love downshifting cause it keeps cars off my ass and the brakes never need changed! LOL

·
Registered
592 Posts
Jebus...buy the bike you want, learn to ride it to the best of your potential and **** what ANYONE else has to say about it!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think it depends on you. How you ride and what you bought the bike for. I have had 750's , 600's and ridden hayabusas and gsxr 1000's. they are all different animals and designed for a somewhat different purpose. You want all out speed the r6 isnt it. you want cornering and IMO the best handling bike out there the r6 is your friend. My friends joke all the time about me riding a 600. But they dont laugh long because have been riding for many years and I let it show sometimes. Forget what they say and enjoy my friend, we aren't on this rock for very long. :YEA

·
Registered
853 Posts
Ok guys, today i stopped at my local mini mart and on the way out a guy told me it's looks nice BUT i'll get tired of it real quick. he said it's ok for it's class but i'll want something bigger. so what do you guys think? don't really care about his opnion but i figured i would throw it out there.. let me here what you have to say..:werd
Sounds like someone who's never ridden a bike around a corner.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts