Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have Greggs Custom blinkers for the front. Up untill now i had them jerry rigged in. I got some Yamaha connectors for the factory harness, and hooked em up right.

Now, with the running light wire connected, my Turn Signal Indicators are solid. Why is that? Its drawing more of a load with all wires connected.

So, do I need to install inline resistors to solve this? Thanks!!!

Had this problem with my 2006 Honda. Didn't think I would with the Yamaha.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine have 3 wires So, im pretty sure they are running lights as well. They stay lit and blink. Only problem as I stated was that the Indicators on the dash stay lit. They do blink when blinker is engaged, but you then off blinkers and the lights are solid on the dash.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got the same exact problem with my signals on the dash staying on, but still work.

In fact, when im riding and the bike hits 214 F, the turn signal indicators on the dash turn off entirely when the fan kicks on.

any input would help me save some $$$$ on paying a tech to give me a diagnosis

·
Registered
48 Posts
Could be any number of things. Taking the assumption you have them hooked up CORRECTLY you could have a bad ground, you could have a short somewhere, 2 exposed wires touching, or the signals themselves could be defective.

My advise would be to hook the stock signals up, then come back and post what happened.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
o hell, I read that wrong. When you said turn signal indicators i assumed you meant the signals themselves. (signal and indicator mean about the same to me) Check to make sure you don't have the running light wire and signal wire backwards.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See, most blinkers are 2 wire. Ground/Bllinker. 3 wire *stock* is so that you still have front running lights. My GC Blinkers came with 3 wires and I bought the stock wire harness clips (Has the bullet female ends. crimp on the male bullet to the blinker, plug & play).

SO....if they were wrong they wouldnt light up at all, I checked this. Maybe ill disconnect the running light, they worked fine then. I just like the Idea of the markers on the side at night.

What I was getting at was the fact of usually LED's don't draw enough power, thus making the Indicator lights on the dash light up because they think the 'bulb is out'. When its really working its just not drawing enough power.

I was hopping some one had this problem and the fix was "Add a resistor set to both sides" This draws on the LED and the electrical system sences a draw (like on an indondesent bulb) and the Indicators on the dash don't stay lit up.

SO, i will go buy a resistor set and aligator clip them in to check if that works. IF not, ill re post that it don't work. I should though! Thanks guys!!!

As for SD rider, something is wrong with your electrical system. need to get that checked out bro. lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
it is just the resistance thats needed. mine did this too but once i had the right resistor plugged it in they all worked fine. Theres some threads here and web resistance calculator links for this type of thing here. Also...the resistors that you put in should work for the whole bike front and back..integrated L.E.D. lights

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.