Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone had some suggestions on commuter riding pants. A little background. I either ride in to work and change once im there, or ill go out for a ride, maybe make a little stop and head back home. Normally i wear jeans but i figure if i can get something with a little more protection it wouldnt be a bad thing. Not too sure if you all wear your riding pants over jeans or just wear those as it is. I currently have a joe rocket UFO jacket http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/39/24373/ITEM/Joe-Rocket-UFO-Solid-Jacket.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

So i could get some joe rocket type pants that would zip into the jacket, OR im open to suggestions on what everyone else does or what theyd recommend.

Also, a little side note to anyone who has gauntlet type gloves and a jacket like this or similar. Do the gauntlet gloves slide over the jacket cuffs pretty easily? Currently i have short gloves that go underneath and was curious before i go out and buy a pair.

·
Wants R6
358 Posts
I have Icon brawnson overpants, and if I had another chance I wouldn't buy them again. They're part kevlar, and have knee protecton, but they feel like they'd immediately melt if they came in contact with the road. But I just ordered a 2 pc A* octane suit, so I'm anxious.

Also, I have A* GP-Tech gloves, and Teknic Lightning gloves, and they slip both slip over my A* Stunt jacket quite well. The Teknic are more comfortable, though.

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
I have a pair of Scorpion overpants. They are not always the most comfortable thing in the world (can feel a bit bulky with two layers) but they are super easy to get on and off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
FWIW, I wear Scorpion Deuce Overpants. I've never been down in them, but I have faith that all of the pads are in the right places after going down in a Scorpion textile jacket without injury.

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
I recently bought a pair of Teknic Violator Jeans. They are comfy and are well built. Look pretty normal as far as wearing them as just "jeans"..... I think they were about $120

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
so would you all recommend over pants or just get some flat out riding pants and wear those?
The overpants are convenient because of the velcro and zippers, but if you are only going to have one pair I would say go with the ones that zip to your jacket. You can still wear them for commuting they just take more time to change in and out of. :cheers

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
I have some Scorpion pants. They're not over-pants like Colleen's, but actual pants. They're ok. They make me feel way more protected than jeans, but they're not as protective as my 1 pc suit. :laugh

I just change when I get to work. Or I wear pants under the riding pants and just take 'em off when I get to work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm a fan of overpants for a convenience. When I ride work, I can just get there early and have to time to change, but if I am meeting my wife (or friends) for dinner somewhere it's just easier to slip off the overpants.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts