Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wear my gear. Jacket, gloves, boots. etc...... I keep shoes at the office to wear when i get there. But my question is about riding pants. I usually just wear my dress pants, but I have this uneasy feeling about doing that. What does everyone else do that commutes everyday? I need some ideas. Thanks

gary

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
alot of guys carry a backpack with a change of pants in them............theres a search button...........................................^^here^^

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah, i know i pulled the ole "ask now, search later" move and found some things. lol sorry. I don't really want to use a backpack but that is probably the best idea. I know there are pants i can wear over my dress pants, but they seem to be pretty bulky.

gary

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
would you rather have bulky pants or no skin?

·
Ore wa Gandamu da
360 Posts
Full gear including leather pants regardless. My destination is not a reason to compromise my gear choice. If I feel it's too inconvenient, I'll just drive.

If you plan to ride to work regularly, just take your car one day and take some clothes with you. Keep them somewhere if you have a drawer or a shelf and change when you get to work. And you can just do your dry cleaning on your lunch break or after work at a local cleaners to your work.

That way you don't have to bring a backpack everyday.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I used to wear the Icon Timax pants over my dress pants to work. You can also get the Icon leg armor to wear under the pants.

I'm not a big Icon fan but they do make good gear to wear over or under your casual clothes.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you plan to ride to work regularly, just take your car one day and take some clothes with you. Keep them somewhere if you have a drawer or a shelf and change when you get to work. And you can just do your dry cleaning on your lunch break or after work at a local cleaners to your work.
That way you don't have to bring a backpack everyday.
I commute everyday, but those are good ideas. Thanks.

I used to wear the Icon Timax pants over my dress pants to work. You can also get the Icon leg armor to wear under the pants.

I'm not a big Icon fan but they do make good gear to wear over or under your casual clothes.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will check those out. I think thats what i am going to go with, something to go over my dress pants. At least I will have skin........hehehe :poke

gary

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
For commuting I have a pair of Joe Rocket Alter Ego pants. They fit over my dress pants and I bring shoes with me. They have a rain liner for wet stuff and zip off mesh panels for hot stuff. They are textile with armor in the hips and knees.

·
Custom User Title
1,827 Posts
i dont have one
but my buddy commuted over a year 40 miles each way grave yard shift (rain or shine) with this Aerostich. CE approved armer, completely waterproof and comfortable as all get out. ya you look silly while riding it, but you can wear everything you want underneath, one zip and you are ready for work.

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
For commuting I have a pair of Joe Rocket Alter Ego pants. They fit over my dress pants and I bring shoes with me. They have a rain liner for wet stuff and zip off mesh panels for hot stuff. They are textile with armor in the hips and knees.
How do you like them? I am bidding on a pair that's on ebay right now. To me, I think I'll look funny with a joe rocket leather and slacks. haha. Are they cool enough for summer?

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
How do you like them? I am bidding on a pair that's on ebay right now. To me, I think I'll look funny with a joe rocket leather and slacks. haha. Are they cool enough for summer?

I like them, with the mesh panels off they do pretty well in the summer. In cool spring weather like this I wear them with a leather jacket, if it ever heats up around here I wear them with a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket. My only complaints are that the zippers on the sides could be bigger/studier. I find them to be good communting pants.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts