Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Touchdown!
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How much different is the F3 from the C5 from an aesthetics, feel, comfort, and look standpoint?

Is the extra $70 dollars worth it for the C5s?

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
extra $70? as in "additional"???

wow. SO glad i just stick with the stock levers...

s3aturnr

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
With any asv if you break em they give you new ones free.

·
335 Posts
How much different is the F3 from the C5 from an aesthetics, feel, comfort, and look standpoint.

Is the extra $70 dollars worth it for the C5s?
C6 Series $100 ea, $200 set
Billet Aluminum
6 Year Unconditional Guarantee

C5 Series $125 ea, $250 set
Billet Aluminum
5 Year Unconditional Guarantee

F3 Series $90 ea, $180 set
Forged Aluminum
3 Year Unconditional Guarantee

Based on cost and guarantee, the C6 appears to be the better value.

·
Touchdown!
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a shame, I've been debating for the last two years between ASV and CRG, and I still haven't made a final decision. This is ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Screw PM's. If people are going to talk shit about a company, put it out for everyone to see, especially the company.
it's been posted all over this board in the past... just do some diggin. i'm not going to repost everything.

·
^^Slow guy on fast bike^^
86 Posts
I'd rather a lever break than move the failure point to the MC or the perch though.. Has anyone found that to be the case with the ASV levers?

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I've had the C5 and F3, and notice zero difference between them, besides the price tag.

I dunno about all this business practices / ethics stuff, but the feel, fit, and finish on the ASV levers, and the ability to very precisely adjust their distance from the bar, is way better than any other levers I've seen or used.

The stock levers are a close second though. :laugh

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I know that it took FOR FCUKING EVER to get a set I ordered from them for my wife's quad and they were wrong when they arrived, and when I called them on not making the hole big enough for the clevis pin, they told me that's just how they are and my quad must have been modified, leaving me to oversize the hole another millimeter and a half to make the pin fit. All for $250 fcuking dollars. Fcuk ASV. Too many other lever companies out there for those interested in wasting money on levers. :laugh

·
Touchdown!
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I ended up ordering a set of CRGs.

I wanted the ASV levers, but they told me I wouldn't have them until mid April. I didn't want to wait, and they told me the F3s are made overseas.

I'll get a set later in life, but the USA made CRGs should be good in the interim.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Well, I ended up ordering a set of CRGs.

I wanted the ASV levers, but they told me I wouldn't have them until mid April. I didn't want to wait, and they told me the F3s are made overseas.

I'll get a set later in life, but the USA made CRGs should be good in the interim.
FP is also made in USA if I recall correctly.

·
335 Posts
I know that it took FOR FCUKING EVER to get a set I ordered from them for my wife's quad and they were wrong when they arrived, and when I called them on not making the hole big enough for the clevis pin, they told me that's just how they are and my quad must have been modified, leaving me to oversize the hole another millimeter and a half to make the pin fit. All for $250 fcuking dollars. Fcuk ASV. Too many other lever companies out there for those interested in wasting money on levers. :laugh
Thank you. I searched 10-15 pages of how great they were and for sale threads and nothing else.

FP is also made in USA if I recall correctly.
Yep. Work for me. Cheers!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts