Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday was my first crack at a track/ride day, and what better way to try it out than at Phillip Island. What a track!!! Awesome speed and fast flowing the whole way around. I cant find a favourite point of the track, but do love the bit between the start line and the finish line... all 5km of it!

As it was my first day i went for the slow group, but in saying that, there were plenty of people in the wrong group so it wasnt too slow and lots of fun. Before the day i installed braided lines, shorty asv levers, 05 header mod and the bike was simply awesome, and with the Termi exhaust, shifting back to first and second at 14k revs, the bike sounded just awesome.

here are a few pics from the day.. i am addicted, and addicted to Phillip Island.

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
I jealously hate you... kind of a lot.

But I love the helmet, gloves, and Termi! Congrats on your first safe day at the track and welcome to one serious addiction :cheers

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
how the eff did you pop your cherry on a motoGP track?! i'm seriously going to add you to my ignore list. :laugh

congrats on a safe day... and welcome to the poor house. :D

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
wow

·
Just a dumb racer..
792 Posts
Matt: Nice work man!!

Are you coming out for superbikes in Feb? There's a trackday on the monday.....

If I haven't shittrucked the bike again at the race I'll come out with ya.

how the eff did you pop your cherry on a motoGP track?! i'm seriously going to add you to my ignore list. :laugh

congrats on a safe day... and welcome to the poor house. :D
You'll get upset if I tell you how much time I've spent on a GP circuit.. Rossi's favourite no less :p

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Rich, not sure about the sbk and afterburner atm. A mate wants to do a winton ride day the week before, but I was hoping to do a PI double header on 14th & 15th march.

Is afterburner any different to a normal ride day?

·
Registered
875 Posts
That track looks incredible! Glad you had a good time.

BTW what gloves are those you have on?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts