Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Damn....so this morning on my way to work I thought my Targa cowl was locked. Every time I put my stuff in it, I close it and wait for the click, then pull on it to see if it's locked in. All was well when I left the house and hit the highway.

About 1 mile from my house on 87 I hit a bump and felt something loose against my backpack. Right away I knew it was loose, and as soon as I put my hand back to grab it, it was gone. Hit the road and tumbled behind me. No cars hit it at all and I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad.

Well....flipped it over and this is what I found. Had it for about a month now....sucks!!! I think I may call the company and tell them that it was faulty and wasn't closing. What do you guys think???

:thumbdown

·
Registered
174 Posts
damn that sucks, that happen to me with my seat a couple times but i was able to catch it. I'll buy that one off you though if you are gonna toss it.:secret

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ First thought that came to my head

Did you do the pull up test before you started riding? I sometimes triple check after I lift up my rear seat just because I'm paranoid :lmao
Yup....I always always pull it up to make sure it's locked. Did it this morning too and it was sure as hell locked. Hurt my feelings man because it's not cheap!

·
Registered
33 Posts
wow. that happened to me 2 days ago. after i filled up i pulled off. in 2nd gear i felt something touched my ass. sure enough the cowl wasn't on tight. luckily i grabbed it and tucked it under my jacket. pulled over and put it back on. i was a lot luckier than u. sucks man

·
EMT/FF/Rider
1,560 Posts
It's always worth a shot saying that you double checked the lock and that it came unhitched mid-ride for a free replacement. might want to see it the hook is short or something, would give you a better shot at the replacement

·
Registered
391 Posts
i seem to check my rear seat all the time after i open it up. this would be terrible to have happen since my bike is my baby.

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow. that happened to me 2 days ago. after i filled up i pulled off. in 2nd gear i felt something touched my ass. sure enough the cowl wasn't on tight. luckily i grabbed it and tucked it under my jacket. pulled over and put it back on. i was a lot luckier than u. sucks man
Yeah....I hit a decent bump that popped it up. Lucky I still kept my seat at the house, so I turned around to pick it up.

Now when I look at my bike with the rear seat it looks UGLY AS HELL. I gotta get a cowl so bad.

I also feel slower now hahahaha.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Ouch sorry to hear, for the seat I don't really trust it enough to leave stuff underneath it unless I'll leave it there for a long time.

That's why I use a backpack as well... but luckily your stuff didn't fly off!

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
shit'll buff out
I don't know.....the scratches are really deep. Then I'd have to match the paint. I'm not bodyshop guy.....I'm the asshole that would prefer to just pay for a new one.

The online shop I bought it at is reaching out to Targa to see what they can do for me. All I hope to get is at least a discount on a new one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
damn that suck dude, hopefully you get another one soon. W/out that cowl the rear tail looks stock hehe.

I'm going to have to double check mine everytime I ride the bike.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts