1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This contest is for 2 WEDNESDAYS

Wednesday: Nov. 14, 2007 / Wednesday: Nov. 21, 2007

RULES:

Off TOPIC classic, what is your craziest non bike story that has happened to you? Post work safe photos if needed only one post per entry. Include links, pictures and info only. Remember only ONE (1) post per member in this contest (you can sign up for other days also), you must reply to THIS thread only. You are encouraged to post up images and stories. The better the presentation the better shot at WINNING!

PRIZES: Puig windscreen and screw combo – 4 sets total, 2 given away each Wednesday for the listed dates.

http://www.tobefast.com/puig-06-07-r6-db-screen-c-52530-p-1-pr-2610.html

http://www.tobefast.com/puig-anodized-screen-screw-kit-c-52530-p-1-pr-2965.htmlgiven away each Wednesday

Winners will be selected by R6-forum.com Administrative staff (everyone else is eligiable to enter). Each winner will and notified accordingly and posted in this first post on each thread. Winners will be able to select bike types and colors available and we reserve the right to replace it with a comparable price items if sizing, colors, types cannot be obtained.

PLEASE ONLY REPLY WITH CONTESTS ENTRIES. NO COMMENTING ON OTHERS POSTS (IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING POSTED IN THE CONTESTS DROP A OFF TOPIC OR GENERAL THREAD UP
)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Really is worth the read, and makes the story worth while at teh vary end...

So picture this...
One sunday a few months ago two buddies and I head out to do a little 4 wheeling out at the near by creek.

So no biggie, out tearing it mud style, water wheeling and getting nasty in the mud..

Well our group has always been known to poke fun a little at people doing goofy stuff. Weather its the way you wear a hat, to the Chick that wears "im a Honda guy lover' shirt while ridding on the back of a yamaha... 'true story..'

So anywho, this big ol boy is out doing slides and donuts on a Raptor 'sport speed quad' Well he is literly so big, its bogging the 4 wheeler down.. So mind you we are having a good time laughing at this big boy who we think is fat at the time, trying to look good on a lil ol sport quad.

Well we had enough of watching and laughing so we take off down the creek to see how far we could go with out having to float em. and play in some more mud.

We are trucking along and I happen to look over my shoulder and see said big boy sinking in the creek. He is off the bike trying to keep it running.
So being the nice, but still amused kinda guy that I am, i take on down after him.

I get to him and my other buddies right behind me. He has two guys with him. Both on 4x4 quads. and nethier of the two are really help this cat out.
So I hook on to him with the chain and pull him to shallow water.
We end up bullshitting for a few, and big boy takes off his jacket. Yeah he AINT fat. this dude was every bit of a soild 300 pounds of pure mussell. 'im sounding gay i know but hey'

so our laughing kinda dwindled down just a notch....

Guys makes a comment saying he is going up to his truck to get his other 4x4 and will meet up with us later. So cool, bout an hour rolls by and we are out being stupid in the deep water, when ol boy and his guys come rolling up.
Now im backing up saying whats up when all of a sudden I down under. Yeah I fall stright into a hole just big enough for the quad to fit. I total go under water and the quad does as well.

So we and big boy yank it out and get to dry land. As im waiting for it to dry we are all talking and finding out this guy has prob 20k in the two quads he BROUGHT.. he had two more at his house. So we are all like WTF is this guy.

Well we get mine running again and call it a day.
Load everything up and head on out. Well as we are leaving big boy comes rolling up and parks next to some nasty badass lifted f250 truck prob had to of cost every bit of 70k.. So i just had to know.

Yeah, we were ridding with Mario Williams. #1 NFL pick for the Texans.

Ended up being a pretty cool dude. Been to his house a few times and riode with him a few other times before the season started.
Would of never known. and bad part is, I knew who he was...
'the other guys you ask, yup texans players too.
Charles Spincer

and Alfred Malone

BTW Alfred is taking his Raptor and putting a R1 motor in it.. :eek5

WINNER: 69z28LT1 and jiggy Week 1, Please send all of your contact details, bike type and first and second color choice in a PM to SpidermanSS. Remember EVERYONE else the contest is still going another week so KEEP signing up it's not over!

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,904 Posts
H-ok...

Spring 1999...me and a buddy, Matt, shootin' his Co2 powered BB gun rifle in the backyard at my dad's house. Neighbor comes over and starts shootin' us with his spring action Marskman BB gun pistol. We wanna shoot back, but can't cuz our rifle will totally eff dude up. So we decide to head to Wal-Mart and get a couple of our own to shoot him back (friendly-like).

Matt and I picked up a couple buds, Larry and Russell and head to Wally World. Get there...only two guns left in stock. I buy one and Larry buys one. We decided to head 'cross the street to K-Mart and get at least one more there.

I park near the back (no spaces) of the K-Mart lot. Larry gets out my minivan (shut up...my pimp wagon) with his gun, Russell grabs my gun and they start shootin' eachother, runnin' around the parkin' lot with these guns.

Someone sees this, I later find out, thinkin' it's a gang related gun fight (idiots) and calls the cops.

After the guys got done bein' stupid I get my gun back from Russell and, because we're too far from the van now, I just throw it in my front right pants pocket...baggy teenage jeans and stupid large shirt...nobody's gonna know it's there and I ain't pullin' it out in the store any way.

I see my friend Allison standin' out side...I talk to her and she decides to go in with me. We go in and she's like oh I gotta go back to work (pizza place next door...where I worked as well). So I go to walk her back, the guys are still window shoppin' back in the sportin' section. As we're walking along the row of registers I see a cop walk in the front doors of the store.

"Damn...I just know that asshole's here for me!"

He walks up and turns along the row of registers, right at us. I'm still talkin' to Ally and I think if I just ignore his presence he won't notice me either. Nope.

"Excuse me son...were you involved in an altercation?" he said with his hand held up in a motion to stop me.

"WTF is an altercation?!" I said

"Do you have a weapon on you...?"

"No...but I've got this BB gun." ::picked up my shirt, didn't touch the gun, to show him::

::eek:fficer pulls out his weapon, point it at me and yells:: "Get on your knees, hands on your head...NOW!!!"

Now even though I have a real firearm pointed at me (and lookin' back...I didn't know it, but I bet the dumbass had his finger on the trigger too) I let out a chuckle, smiled, and did as he requested.

Dude gets on me...all dramatic like...face in the floor, kung fu knee in the back...shakin' my hands as he 'tries' to cuff my resisting self. I wasn't fighting him one bit...but he sure as hell made it look like I was.

It just made me laugh harder...

Dude took me out to his cuiser parked right up front and threw me inside. I'm sittin' there, watchin' the commotion. I swear there must have been 20 different cars, cruisers, SUVs...marks and unmarked, all over the front of the store. Dumbasses came outta the wood work to catch 'the kid trying to rob kmart'.

My friend had purchased his gun and walked out the front door with it in the shopping bag, saw me in the cop car, turned around, and returned his bb gun.

The cops 'searched' my van (for what?!) and found Matt's rifle, BBs, and a bunch of Co2 cartridges...I've never seen none of that spit again.

I got robbed by the cops.

They dropped all charges, realizing they're idiots...but never gave me my friend's property back.

Yay me...I'm sorry if that got boring... :dunce:

·
Registered
228 Posts
About 3 summers ago (I had just turned 19 at the time), I went on a cruise around the caribbean with a few of my friends. One of the stops was Cozumel, an island off the coast of Mexico beneath Cancun.

While we were there, we decided to rent a boat and go spearfishing.

We were already pretty good free divers (diving with no bottled oxygen) so we thought this would be no problem. We went down one at a time so we wouldnt be getting in each others way/scaring the fish.

Throughout the day we were catching small fish like snapper and smaller baracudas. Being the competitive type, I naturally wanted to catch bigger fish than them. So on my last dive of the day I saw a HUGE spotted grouper hiding in the rocks. This thing had to be AT LEAST 4 feet long and THICK.

So I swim down and try to figure out a way to spear this thing. I ended up just scaring it out of its hiding spot. Once I got a clear shot, I pulled the trigger and speared it through the body. To my surprise, it wasn't affected by the spear at all. It started descending and pulling me down as I was fighting to reel it in to me. This was probabluy going on for 30 seconds but it felt like hours.

So I finally get close enough to this thing to get my arm in its gill so I could bring it up. I look above me to the surface and I was SOOOOOOOO far down, probably a good 100+ feet. At this point I was trying to decide if I had enough air in my lungs to bring the fish up or not. I decided to try and bring the fish up, and if I felt in danger that I would just let the fish go.

It was a slow ascent to depressurize my body as I came up. Then when there was about 50 feet left, there was a school of something in the distance. All I could see were shadows. As they came closer, it turned out to be a HUGE school of hammerhead sharks.

I don't know if it was the dying grouper that attracted them, or if it was just timing that they happened to be there.

I got to the surface before the school got close enough. My friends were on the boat drinking, so if i drowned they probably would be no help. We couldn't get the fish on the boat so we had to drag it next to the boat all the way to the dock.

Once we got back we had one of the local fishermen clean all the fish. We started a bonfire on the beach and ate firecooked fish all night while drinking. And the next night we did the same thing and it attracted a crowd. We had so much food to go around and it just turned into a big luau sort of thing on the beach.

The whole trip was an awesome time, but the spearfishing trip was definately the highlight for me.

WINNER: 69z28LT1 and jiggy Week 1, Please send all of your contact details, bike type and first and second color choice in a PM to SpidermanSS. Remember EVERYONE else the contest is still going another week so KEEP signing up it's not over!

·
MY HEADLIGHT IS NOT OUT
74 Posts
Well, here is a painful but now funny off topic story. I am an active duty Marine and part of our training is to know how to stand Ground Security Force which is basically police training. The Trainining is a one week course that covers all types of use-of-force techniques, riot control, defense techniques, and many other types of skills.

The last day of the training is kind of like the initiation. This is the day that one of the instructors spray us with 10% OC spray. Let me tell you, this isn't that over the counter pepper spray that you can purchase at your local store, you have to be a certified peace officer instructor to purchase this stuff because it is so potent.

After getting sprayed, I ran through an obsacle course of four stations that takes approxametely two minutes to complete. My eyelids immedietly shut and I could not open them (natural body reaction) no matter how hard I tried. after completing the first station my face and eyes felt like somebody poured gasoline on my face and set it on fire. It was insanely painful.

After completing the course, one of the instructors washed my face down with a hose and my dumbass swallowed some of the water and yes now 10% OC spray is in my mouth and throat. The unbearable pain continued for about 1 hour before the effects started to slightly wear off, but my face continued to burn for about 4 hours. It felt like my skin was melting off my face.

The next morning I got in the shower not thinking about how water reactivates the oil based spray that was still on my face. Immedietly it was like the whole experience all over again except this time some of the oils washed down onto my big kahuna and balls, "YOUCH". Non the less, I would rather get shot than sprayed again. :enforcer

If you would like to see a video, go to YOUTUBE and type " Marine OC spray".

WINNER: Pouncinator and MikeLRaven Week 1, Please send all of your contact details, bike type and first and second color choice in a PM to SpidermanSS (CONGRATS!).

·
5 kids, whats your excuse
45 Posts
Ok so it's 1993 Christmas is just a few days away, it's late maybe 11:30pm or so on a Sat night, I had just got back from some bar downtown Portland (Oregon), Pull into the gas station waiting for the gas jockey to do his job, and I see this guy (looks to be tweaking) going up to the few people that were getting gas and it appears he is asking for something and people waving him off and shrugging their shoulders, figure he's just the usual bum and I would get my turn with him as soon as I went to pay. Remember I said it was almost Christmas... as I go to pay he makes a B-line for me and gives me the "Hey my car is broke down can you help me out" story. He's dressed in a pair of cutoff shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops and super tan, it's also about 38deg outside, all I could think was WTF, He tells me his car is parked over in the other parking lot which had very little lighting, and will I just come over and help out. I was wearing my "for sure gonna get laid clothes" (came home alone after sword fighting in a sausage fest) I feel the Christmas spirit and say sure I will see what I can do. On the way to his car he tells me he just back from Jamaica (sure ya did) with his kids and this was the drop off location for the X to pick up the kids, which she did and told him have a merry F..ing Xmas, and left him there flat tire and all. We get to his car and it's a tricked out mits 3000gt Spyder, I was like this is your car??? he said no actually it was a dealer loaner (note to self...Car Thief..leave now) until his custom ordered car came in. It had a flat tire...thats it, He had been asking the other people if there was a shop that could change it, thats all and they all ignored him, this was in a snobby part of town where everyone is better than the next guy (the bad news, I was the next guy). So I ask him why he doesn't just change it himself, he says he doesn't know how ( not a very mechanical thief I suppose) , I tell him I"ll show him, we get the spare out and I show him how to use the lug wrench, he failed the test, broke up his hand pretty good on the asphalt, soooo... here hold my jacket, I'm pulling the tire off as he watches and he says" you like shoes??? WTF, uh yea sure buddy I got some on now, Portland is the shoe mfr capital of the free world he says, he tells me he owns a shoe company, I play along... he tells me it's Doc Marten. He gives me his name (like I would know it, remember I'm the next guy) and says he would give gladly me $1000.00 for helping out, But he lost his wallet (or there wasn't one in the car when he boosted it) . At the very least I helped out someone in need be it a car thief or legit, the karma would do me good with my lack of luck at the bar. I check out the guy the next day with a friend in the shoe Biz, the guy was for real he did own the North American franchise to Doc Marten. I called his office and the secretary gives me some swag story of how he's not in the country, on a buying trip or some BS, I tell her that this is the guy who helped him out the other night and get right thru, I wind up partying with him over the holidays and his throng of bag chasing, packin their beaks with snow, model wanna-be's, I told you the karma would payoff, I also got enough shoes to last a lifetime. He later sold the franchise and I haven't seen him since...

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
When i was 16 years old (back in 1991, not yesterday like some of you youngin's) my parents also owned a small 80 acre farm in Knox Indiana. My great aunt lived there for free and just kept an eye on the property. My friends and I would go out there every once in a while and camp out in the back 40 and drink. It was me, and my buddies(375lbs Carl, Josh, Shawn, and a couple girlies. So we're all drinking :drink by a campfire we started, and Carl is a big southern comfort drinker. It's now early into the morning and Carl is passed out in the tent, and my girl and I are looking for a place to (clears throat) do it :hump . We hop into the tent too, right next to Carl and start going at it. No shame at that age. The two of us are butt ass naked and Carl, the furthest from the zipper door, wakes up and is going to puke :yuk: . He, crawls over the two of us, goes through the screen, not unzipped, and pukes :throwup onto the fire. For those of you who plan on finishing an entire bottle of SoCo , don't ever puke on a smoldering fire :flame . The fire burst back into flames and Carl fell backwards onto the tent and brought it down on top of me and my girlie. Carl lost his eyebrows and most of the hair off the front of his forehead, which we still joke about because its still missing. hahaha. It goes on..... So we're walking up the long trail from the back 40 up towards the old farm house, I'm not thinking straight :dunce: , the girl and I are still in blankets naked underneath :eek5 , and because I never told my aunt we were there. :popcorn: :popcorn: We didn't want the adults to know what we were doing, you know :hump :drink . Now it's about 3 in the morning, an old woman in a farm house by herself, and her dog starts barking. My aunt woke up and without turning on any lights, grabbed her shotgun, and was waiting inside the door. She opened up a window and fired off a warning shot :rocket . I'm glad she did that, because if we would have walked into the house who knows how this story would have turned out. Well, I screamed to her that it was me and the lights came on, and we all went into the house. She took care of Carl, he looked so funny without all the hair and eyebrows. She called my parents and I ended up grounded for 2 weeks :nono , from my car and everything. She never did tell my parents about me and my girl being naked though. :pimp

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
No sig for you!
3,667 Posts
I’ll try and make this long story short if possible.

Back in 1998, got engaged to this girl after 2 years of dating. After giving her the ring her attitude changed completely. I mean from night and day. Telling me that I can’t ride anymore and that I had to sell my bikes. Even had the nerve to tell me that I couldn’t see any of my friends and that I could only hangout with hers. Well one day I entered a bike contest with a bunch of my rider friends at the local hooters. Got a page with a 911 from her ……. Called her and she said it was important that I get there. Needless to say I did not know what was going on, so hauled ass there thinking something is really wrong. When I get there, she and her mom were waiting for me at the front door. I’m thinking what the hell is going on. They wanted me to go with them to shopping and look at wedding crap. OK! It’s only been 2 weeks since I gave the ring to her. Well we never set a date for the wedding because I was in the process of looking for another job and wanted to get settled into that before planning anything. Well I had off one day and stayed over at her place …… about noon time calls came in. I answered a few and long behold to be on the other line? The DJ ….. They just wanted to confirm the wedding date. When they said the date I really didn’t think too much of it. Until an hour or so later when I got another call from the place that said we were having the wedding at and confirmed the same date as the DJ. WTF! Few weeks went by and I never let on to what I knew about the wedding people calling. 2 months have passed and things weren’t looking good for me. More info popping up each day and I was never informed of any of this. Come to find out … she was planning a wedding behind my back and not letting me know of anything. Well needless to say about 6 months into the BS of that crap I broke off the wedding. Gave back the ring (more like threw at me)….. She would not speak to me after that for about 2 weeks and finally one day she came to my place of work and talked and wanted to patch things up and move on. MOVE ON MY ASS! After a few days it started up …. The down grading and just being spiteful just to get even.

So I did what I had I do ….. I broke up with her for good. The only thing she had to say in the end was ….. “Well …… I’m keeping the ring.” I just stood there with a smile on my face and then just had to reply to that comment. “That’s fine ….. Enjoy the ring ….. Because I charged it on your credit card. Enjoy the Payments!” LOL! TRUE STORY …. I SHIT YOU NOT!

·
King Chicken Strips
262 Posts
I don't know if it's crazy or not but its one my favorite funny moments!!

I am the Asst. Manager for a Armored Car Company in IA. I often do on-call which requires me to answer pages for ATM repairs.

I was called to an ATM in the Ped Mall in Iowa City which is in the heart of the Bar scene of the University of Iowa campus. I started working on the ATM and a small group of people were waiting very patiently off to the side for me to finish so they could use the ATM.

We seem to have a large populous of very "Hoity Toity Rich Bitches" in our area and the gal that aproached me was obviously the queen of them!! :fact

She aproached me with a very snotty tone and said "Excuse me!! I need to use this ATM! I have a salon appointment that I am gonna be late for and I need tip money!"

I replied very profesionaly, "I will be done in just a moment miss and then you can get in line behind those people over there to use this ATM when I am finished." :)

Snotty Bish: "Well....I am not waiting for them and you need to let me use this ATM now!! You obviously don't know who I am!!" :mad:

So I closed up the ATM, brought it back on-line and stepped aside for her royal highness to use it.

She swiped her card and nothing. She swiped it again and nothing. She swiped it a total of 5 times and then turned to me and said..."It's not reading my card!!!" :cuss

I calmly replied.."Huh.....You suppose thats why I'm here??" :sing :*tongue

The small group of people who were waiting so nicely busted out laughing and her royal bitchiness stomped off pissing and moaning the entire way down the sidewalk!!

A little mental bitchslap for the common man against the snobs!! :YEA

·
I Eat Steak
1,809 Posts
Well this story is probably the craziest thing that's ever happened in my life:

On October 6th I was having a party at my apartment with probably about 40 people there ( A lot for my tiny apartment) Anyways, A couple of ladies wanted to go down to the pool so naturally i agreed. Also joining us was one of my fraturnity brothers. Anyway we're relaxing in the pool and my brother decides he wants to get in the hot tub. So he, and I made our way over and he squatted on the side and just kinda flopped in. He immediately started screaming so my first reacion was to get him out. I reached out my hand and grabbed his as soon as I had it i pulled as hard as I could. Since he weighs a little bit more than me, i got him mostly out but not before i slipped in up to my waist. The heat was unbelieveable and I was scalded. As soon as I made it out (Only in for as long as it took me to get out) and made sure my brother was out, i stopped the other people from getting in and jumped into the pool to try and cool off. Even in the cold pool water i could just feel my legs burning. So i tried the next best thing, and went back into my apartment and got in the shower and turned on the cold water and just lied down and hoped it would help. It was about this time where I noticed the skin on my feet and lower legs was just peeling itself off. After about 10 minutes in the shower i made my way back into my bedroom and put on some clothes. My roomate came in and told me they were taking my bro to the hospital and i should go in too. I agreed since i figured they'd have something there to stop the burning. After the 10 minute drive, i was taken into the ER. They put me in this "tub" like container and gave me plenty of drugs where i wouldn't feel it. They started pulling off all the dead skin and flushing out the sores i had with some kind of liquid (i was so out of it i have no idea what it was). I woke up in the Burn ICU in a bed with my legs completely covered with bandages from my hips down. I lifted up the sheets and saw blisters filled with yellow puss about as big as golf balls on the very top of my hips. So for the next few weeks three times a day, i had to have the old bandages cut off, scrubbed with some kind of cleaning solution and then rebandaged. The pictures below are of my legs about 3 weeks AFTER the burns. I also have some pics of me learning how to walk all over again, with a sweet old man walker :D anyways, enjoy (for some of you that get queezy you might want to look, but since it was taken 3 weeks after, it looks more like road rash)

That's what my legs looked like when they were bandaged...pretty basic.

Thats right after they took the old bandages off...the yellow on the dressings is the puss that drained out of my legs. My skin was so thin that it wasn't able to hold in the moisture so it just seeped out.

First shot of my now chicken legs. Apparently when you don't move for 3 weeks you lose all the muscle mass in your legs. Go figure :dunce:

Chicken leg shot number 2

Right foot.

Left foot.

I had to put in a pic of the sweet beard i grew while in the hospital.

Calf shot. All those red spots were at least twice as wide a few days after i got burned.

The white spots are a mix between the dead skin that still needed to come off and the cream they put on my legs to keep moisture in.

This was my physical therapy. What you can't really see is the nurse that had to follow me with a chair because my legs had a habbit of giving out on me.

Right toes..you can see the red lines are where the skin was so thin, it just bled almost constantly when it wasn't covered.

Here's a shot of my thighs/chicken legs.

Shot of what the surface of my legs looked like when they started to heal.

Another shot of my therapy, you can see my therapist had to hold me from falling forward because my calves were too weak to support myself.

Anyways hope you all enjoyed the story and if you can take anything away from it make sure you test the water of a hot tub before you get in!:)

In the mean time everyone ride a little bit harder to make up for the riding I can't do at the moment!!! But more importantly RIDE SAFE!!

WINNER: Pouncinator and MikeLRaven Week 1, Please send all of your contact details, bike type and first and second color choice in a PM to SpidermanSS (CONGRATS!).

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for participating, the contests are now over. The stories and entries were AWESOME! If you have posted any of this stuff on the site before please do! It's what makes the forums so GREAT! Nothing has shipped yet but all of the winning orders will get put into our computer system early next week and things ready to ship :)

Happy Holdays from everyone here!

R1-forum.com / R6-forum.com

·
The GodFather
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Over 40 + Prize orders went into our system Thursday and Friday. Stuff should start shipping out this week depending on what it was... HANG tight!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts