Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Just A Spray Away
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All :party :jump ,

My Father and I have figured out the secret to the dual headlight conversion kit, (low-beam both sides, high-beam both sides). I own a 2003 R6 and was not liking the lop sided look and didn't care to just run with my high beams on all the time. So, on account of being winter in Wisconsin, and having the extra time, my Dad and I made our own kit, identical to the 'Palehorse.' Plus we did a little bit of extra stuff. Such as I painted my projector housing red, installed Angel Eyes, and Custom LED marker lights. This kit has a strong, all aluminum housing, and is quality sealed. This kit uses an H3 bulb, of which I upgraded my kit to a H3 Silverstar Bulb. Realistically, a person could put an HID kit in the low beams (H3) and the high beams (stock H7). You would just need to buy two separate HID kits, or you could just have HIDs on just low or just high. If anyone is interested in getting a kit like this for yourself, send me a PM and we can go over the details.

Hey Everybody! We now have a "Do-It-Yourself" kit available! If you would like to know all of the details send me a PM or email.

Attachments

·
Just A Spray Away
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I hit the submit button too early. I am working on getting pics on there right now, just hold tight. And I need to include a bit more info.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes it would be nice to know how you did it. I had to explain myself again to to someone being nice and informing me one of my headlights was out as I was warming up the bike and putting on my helmet.

·
Registered
338 Posts
pmed. ive been waiting for this.

·
Banned
292 Posts
looks sick i made one for my 06 r6 and retrofitted your projectors into it, but did the saemt hing with the inner lows and outer highs, props to you, it looks awsome love the red.

·
Just A Spray Away
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I've been looking at your thread too. You also do very good work, the new body style looks 100% better with projectors. And yeah, I thought I'd try something a little different with the paint on the projectors; wasn't sure how I was going to like it, but it turned out pretty cool.

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
sweet sweet sweet!!!! email sent. i love the R6 forum.

·
Yes this is me in the pic
137 Posts
I swear I'm gonna learn how to do this! don't have a bike to work on myself.. girls has 03 r1 I'm sure she wouldn't mind an an angle eyes system on! good effing job!

·
Just A Spray Away
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MikeCastZ71 said:
looks great! HOW DID YOU SEPARATE THE HEADLIGHTS (THE CLEAR FROM THE BLACK BACK)

Yeah, you got to bake them in the oven. Well, some people have also taken a heat gun and screw driver, but the oven is safer/easier imo.

·
Registered
338 Posts
has anyone gotten one yet. im curious how they turned out.

·
Just A Spray Away
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Here are some more pictures of how it all looks on the bike and how it turned out. I am very pleased with everything, and that means alot on account of how picky I am and like everything to be about perfect.

Attachments

·