Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on the R6 ez board that you can twist the s bend pipe on a yoshi or akra and it will kinda be a high mount... have any of you done this? how hard was it . Yoshi makes a kit that is like 180 for the s bend and bracket.... if i can just twist my standard s bend that comes with the full system id rather do that cause its FREE! ahaa :)

TIA!

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
easiest and best way to do it is try it and and see. you can always put it back to the way it was.

Or do you mean actaully bending the pipe as opposed to rotating it within the collector?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Try loosening all the mounting bolts from the collector back, then twist it and play withth the setup to see if it makes a difference. If yours hasa spring that holds the can on the s bend tube, you may have to take it off.

I didnt like how mine mounted at first so I did this and was able to adjust it to where it looked perfect!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jasamb said:
Try loosening all the mounting bolts from the collector back, then twist it and play withth the setup to see if it makes a difference. If yours hasa spring that holds the can on the s bend tube, you may have to take it off.

I didnt like how mine mounted at first so I did this and was able to adjust it to where it looked perfect!

sweet do you have any pics?

yea my yoshi system is springs so i guess it will be trial and error time ahahaha

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
No before after pics, just after ones.

It was just the angle that I was able to adjust. if you are going to make MAJOR adjustments, uyou may need a new or "modified" mounting bracket

BE CREATIVE, your bike is a toy treat it as such.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol ok i just wanted to see what i would be getting myself into and if it were worth it :hammer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts