Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm out riding with like 8 or so guys down a bypass. were cruising along just took a right turn onto the road before the light turned green for the cars about to follow us. The guys I was riding with were doing some wheelies (I don't really try cause i don't wanna screw up the bike!). Then all the sudden a detective w/out government plates flies past me and makes his way up to my buddy. He didn't see the cop behind him so he pulls another wheelie. then he looks back... so we went slow and kept going on then stopped up ahead. We were like hes going to jail... well we turn around to see what was happening then we see him pass going the other way! Then we meet up later and he said the the cop was like "Nice wheelies! you probably think I was pulling you over because of that right? Well, you don't have any tags on your bike.. Those are important. get some." Then the cop said" you shouldn't do wheelies with cars around and your friends behind you. You could cause some damage"

So there are cool and crappy cops fortunately today we got a cool cop lol

:toocool:

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I've had a few cool cops...they do exist!

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
T-1 is a cool cop......and funny too:hehe

·
DallasKrew.com
1,759 Posts
There are plenty of cool cops but they have to asses at times to get their point across and take into consideration your buddies behind you as well as other riders/drivers on the road. Just show them respect and you will get it back..well sometimes :)

·
12,482 Posts

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
I've had a few cool cops...they do exist!
They are rare and far between, but they do exist I admit it. Seems like every cop in Utah wants to throw the book at you though no matter how decent and cooperative you are.

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
T-1 is a cool cop......and funny too:hehe
Hey--what a nice thing to say! You must have heard I stopped one of your co-workers and let him slide the other day!

Like i've tried to tell people in the past..police work is what I do for a living, not who I am as a person--and i remind myself everyday that I'm lucky to do what I do--and more then that, I like what I do.

I've never had a bad police experience--and I think about that when I deal with people--and as it's been said a million times in the past--for the most part, attitude dictates how I pursue things.

Every profession (including police) have their share of dickheads--I work with plenty of them--and everyone is entitled to have a bad day (even cops) so when stopped, what I always tell people is, ALWAYS ask "why" and ALWAYS go to court, it's a 50/50 at that point.

I get sooooo many of my traffic cases dismissed because I'm on vacation, or have criminal court that day, or I'm out of town...so why not try--even when your in the wrong.

So anyone else that makes it out to Thunderhill on the 27th (for my 1st track day), is welcome to come over and kick me in the nuts, and steal my donuts.

Have a T1 day!

·
YZF-er!
1,727 Posts
Hey--what a nice thing to say! You must have heard I stopped one of your co-workers and let him slide the other day!

Like i've tried to tell people in the past..police work is what I do for a living, not who I am as a person--and i remind myself everyday that I'm lucky to do what I do--and more then that, I like what I do.

I've never had a bad police experience--and I think about that when I deal with people--and as it's been said a million times in the past--for the most part, attitude dictates how I pursue things.

Every profession (including police) have their share of dickheads--I work with plenty of them--and everyone is entitled to have a bad day (even cops) so when stopped, what I always tell people is, ALWAYS ask "why" and ALWAYS go to court, it's a 50/50 at that point.

I get sooooo many of my traffic cases dismissed because I'm on vacation, or have criminal court that day, or I'm out of town...so why not try--even when your in the wrong.

So anyone else that makes it out to Thunderhill on the 27th (for my 1st track day), is welcome to come over and kick me in the nuts, and steal my donuts.

Have a T1 day!
good man.

·
07 Charcoal Grey R6
760 Posts
I've met good ones & I've had run-ins with bad ones. They're people too! I tell cop bashers this all the time. I just won't stand for a gun being pulled on me for speeding!

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
i know some cops personaly and they are awsome people, but if they gave me a ticket i might not think there so great at the time. its like your boss yelling at you for screwing around or f-ing somthing up and then you get mad and say hes an asshole. its nothing personal, you did something that you should not have done and they are just doing there job. although it would be nice to get off the hook every now and then.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am friends with one of my moms friends. He is a county sheriff in my county he rides a zx-14. I ride with him once in a while and one day i was going 140 on his wifes bike a zx-9r trying to catch him lol

·
It was red, now an FZ1
39 Posts
Yeah, some officers are really cool about things. I will say attitude and cooperation go a long way. I got pulled over once (wheelies) and I did as the officer instructed. Then when he came over, he saw my ankle cast and was like "you shouldn't even be riding". lol. He asked if my license was in force and I said yes and politely answered all his other questions. He said I'm gonna let you go, and I am doing so cause you cooperated and did as I instructed. He used to ride too, so he had perspective.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
i've been let off with warnings coupluv timez, almosrt arrested but let off once even with an outstanding warrant, coz i wes co-operative and told him the truth, and i took care of my warrant the very next day... there's always good ones and a very few bad ones (met a racist once), take it as they come
Be nice and most likely he'll be nice to u too

·
Jonesing for track
442 Posts
The fuzz got me one day and he pursued me for 8+ miles w/o me even knowing. Got clocked at 23 over and he followed me almost all the way home (pig spotters suck!). He was pretty friendly, but was a total dick at the start and I returned the attitude. I pretty much told him he was making false claims since he stated I was hauling ass the whole time b/c he had to go 100 mph to catch up to me. I told him that if he was at a complete stop and clocked me at 93, he would have had to go 100mph to catch up to me. He then admitted that he clocked me again when he had me in sight and I was going the speed limit.

He calmed down and I followed his instructions and we got to talking about my bike and turned out he rides a GSXR 1000. He thanked me for stopping rather than running and let me go w/a written warning. Pretty cool cop.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts

Have a T1 day!
your still a fat ass.....
P.s. glad you bought some leathers....too bad you can't make it out the day before to T-hill...so i can kick ya in the nuts.....

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
your still a fat ass.....
P.s. glad you bought some leathers....too bad you can't make it out the day before to T-hill...so i can kick ya in the nuts.....
I'd prefer "husky" or "big-boned"..i'm still the thoroughbred, I'm just a Clydesdale!

I keep checking my schedule to see if the 26th opens up, but so far, no love. Would be great if you guys could make it out the 27th also--unless your vagina is sore.

The leathers are actually pretty nice. I got the Teknic Violator and some SMX-4 boots that I've been wearing around the house---I'm in the market for some armour, I've seen some Knox stuff pretty cheap.

T1

·
Hit It and Quit It
1,716 Posts
So I'm out riding with like 8 or so guys down a bypass. were cruising along just took a right turn onto the road before the light turned green for the cars about to follow us. The guys I was riding with were doing some wheelies (I don't really try cause i don't wanna screw up the bike!). Then all the sudden a detective w/out government plates flies past me and makes his way up to my buddy. He didn't see the cop behind him so he pulls another wheelie. then he looks back... so we went slow and kept going on then stopped up ahead. We were like hes going to jail... well we turn around to see what was happening then we see him pass going the other way! Then we meet up later and he said the the cop was like "Nice wheelies! you probably think I was pulling you over because of that right? Well, you don't have any tags on your bike.. Those are important. get some." Then the cop said" you shouldn't do wheelies with cars around and your friends behind you. You could cause some damage"

So there are cool and crappy cops fortunately today we got a cool cop lol

:toocool:
Do you live in St. Louis? If so could of been my brother, he works for SLCPD.
He rides a 2006 R6 50th...............

1 - 20 of 25 Posts