Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i'm just wondering, ive got no lid or pipe from my coolant bottle to radiator, is the bottle just an overflow catch or does it take coolant to the radiator? Any advise welcome, Many Thanks John

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
the are a coupld people parting out some 99-02, im sure you can get a new lid and hose from them. if it is a overflow(im not an expert) and you dont have one on there and your radiator is trying to push someout and it cant, couldnt it pop the top. I would get that new hose and cap

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
The coolant flows in and out of the bottle. Recently I filled mine up to the top and the radiator pulled what it needed from the bottle.

The cap has a hose going thru it from the rad.

Without the tube you won't pop the cap. What will happen is that when the pressure builds, the coolant will just drip out onto the ground, and possibly onto your tire, etc..

I was like 99% sure I had my rad full.. But when I topped off the bottle and the rad pulled in more coolant, I was like, hmm... That's probably why my fans haven't been coming on as expected.. It'd be in your best interest to get it sorted out the correct way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts