Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 364 Posts

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok i started a thread call "New to me R6"....and i got to thinking....that not a really good name for a build thread since thats basically what i turned it into. I decided to start over and post all the pictures again. Hope everyone enjoys.

2003 R6

When i got the bike last month it needed a lot of work. Pieces were missing some little some were broken and some were miss matched. The PO had a lot of faux CF and i do not like it. Since i am deployed to iraq the bike sits currently in the same state as when i bought it.

Things that i have replaced....

Upper, tail, mids, ram air covers, pegs, front fender, mirror, frame inserts, rear sets

Things i have upgraded to....

PCIII, Vortex gas cap and base, Vortex Clip-ons, Driven D3 grips, Fender eliminator, Speedo Healer V4, 06 R6 gauge, FDB levers, driven sprocket nuts, smog block off, and mirror block offs, Driven -1,+1 , EK SS 520 Red Chain, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, BMC Air Filter, Black Bolt Kit, Hyperpro damper, Olson exhaust

Build pictures will come soon when i get home....

Pictures of the bike and the new parts i have ordered....

New Parts

As i get new parts i will upload more pictures

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
i don't believe the cluster gauge for the 06-07 R6R is compatible with 03 R6S.

please let me know, i am curious now :sing

BTW: nice project. are you going to keep the same color?

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i don't believe the cluster gauge for the 06-07 R6R is compatible with 03 R6S.

please let me know, i am curious now :sing

BTW: nice project. are you going to keep the same color?
yes im gonna keep it black....im gonna pain the new mids matte black

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there is a 06 gauge for sale in the parts section if anyone would like to do this mod them selves

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my OEM tail light came in today

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im gonna get these smoked short ones from d2moto, maybe go back to integrated not sure yet....there is a integrated one on their now that is smoke, but its having some issues and me not being there i have no idea. I am just giving myself some back up plans.

Yes they are FDB....(if i knew i was getting a 03 i could have kept my old levers :secret)

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
im gonna get these smoked short ones from d2moto, maybe go back to integrated not sure yet....there is a integrated one on their now that is smoke, but its having some issues and me not being there i have no idea. I am just giving myself some back up plans.

Yes they are FDB....(if i knew i was getting a 03 i could have kept my old levers :secret)
True. I hear ya. The oem tail lights are FS everywhere for so cheap.

Oh, no shit about the levers! I thought they only fit the 1st gens!! If I pull em off the bike I'll PM you first and you can buy em back! :*tongue

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea i picked that one up for 12.50 on fleabay.....no the levers are for 99-04 so if you do decide to sell the you can do 1st gen and some 2nd gen....they probably fit the "s" model to but who knows....regarding the turns i might send my rear pegs to tripageled and get them to install the rear facing leds along with powder coating my spare set of rear sets. After i install all this stuff, ill have a ton of stuff for sale, but for know its just pissing my wife off with all the packages and wanting pictures all the time.

tomorrow i buy my Vstacks, Saturday im ordering my driven sprockets, next paycheck im ordering red chain, bmc air filter, new gloves, wife's new helmet, and possibly my next exhaust or damper....maybe both

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
yea i picked that one up for 12.50 on fleabay.....no the levers are for 99-04 so if you do decide to sell the you can do 1st gen and some 2nd gen....they probably fit the "s" model to but who knows....regarding the turns i might send my rear pegs to tripageled and get them to install the rear facing leds along with powder coating my spare set of rear sets. After i install all this stuff, ill have a ton of stuff for sale, but for know its just pissing my wife off with all the packages and wanting pictures all the time.

tomorrow i buy my Vstacks, Saturday im ordering my driven sprockets, next paycheck im ordering red chain, bmc air filter, new gloves, wife's new helmet, and possibly my next exhaust or damper....maybe both
I saw you post in that velocity stacks FS thread. You make MOVES bro!!

Check out the scorpion exo-700 helmet for you wifey. A bunch of places have em on super sale for less than a hundred bucks!! That's a really good helmet, and that price is unreal.

I see you're lookin for an exhaust too? I have the HR1 on my bike. Not sure if it works for 03 also.. If/when I pull it off for sale I'll let you know!

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea if i cans save a buck or two here it means i can spend it somewhere else. I dont know if the exhaust will fit or not....ill probably have my new one by the time you decide to take yours off. ill check out the helmet, i was gonna get her the new icon angel helmet, she really likes it, and i might still get it but 330 for a helmet when she doesnt ride with me very much. I mean dont get me wrong she is definitly worth it....Chit look what she has done on my bike alone.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
yea if i cans save a buck or two here it means i can spend it somewhere else. I dont know if the exhaust will fit or not....ill probably have my new one by the time you decide to take yours off. ill check out the helmet, i was gonna get her the new icon angel helmet, she really likes it, and i might still get it but 330 for a helmet when she doesnt ride with me very much. I mean dont get me wrong she is definitly worth it....Chit look what she has done on my bike alone.
I hear ya bro. The exo-700 is really good. I'm sure it's at least as good as the icon helmet. But I know how it goes when these girls like something..

And she's a star for hooking up all the pics, etc.

1 - 20 of 364 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.