Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
I've heard good things about them. Definately more comfortable then stock!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kool. got a b-day coming up and may have to ask (aka DEMAND) for one :mrgreen:

:flame

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I heard a story where they did not guarantee fitment and the guy got screwed and my friends that have them say they are more for looks than comfort I took my seat to a place that does upolstery and I had them add more padding it cost me like $35 in my opinion well worth it looks extra poofy but it is way more comfortable whe nriding for long periods of time

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
njk27, the upholsetry place just remove the existing cover, stuff and re-stitch back in place??? that was the other option i was thinking about. i've seen aftermarket seat covers on ebay and figured i could add padding myself. however, i'm no expert so i'd probably end up giving myself early prostate cancer or something. but thanks for the input.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
R6RoadWarrior said:
njk27, the upholsetry place just remove the existing cover, stuff and re-stitch back in place??? that was the other option i was thinking about. i've seen aftermarket seat covers on ebay and figured i could add padding myself. however, i'm no expert so i'd probably end up giving myself early prostate cancer or something. but thanks for the input.
yeah they removed the seat cover and restapled it back on with more padding on it it is a cheap effective method if you look under the seat they are stapled already

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
reds said:
Why not buy a Goldwing? In my opinion Yamaha makes the seats too soft for track..
goldwings are for old men. i'm interested in more comfort when riding all day. a general opinion that i've heard about sport bike seats is that they are deceptively comfortable. after a few hours or dozens of miles, no good. which would explain why they are good for track riding. however, i don't do tracks, only street riding and lots of highway. i have a need and it must be fulfilled. but i'll consider a goldwing my 2nd option.
:gay

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmm....................

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
reds said:
Why not buy a Goldwing? In my opinion Yamaha makes the seats too soft for track..
Then I guess its a good thing he wasn't asking for seat for the track....

RoadWarrior, I think a Corbin would be a good investment. I have a buddy who had scolieosis(?) the thing were your back is crooked and he said it made a world of difference.

For me the stock seat is good for around 175 miles. After that when I get off my arse feels like I've been getting kicked all day.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I just got a corbin for my 99. it's nice, although used, it still looks ok. the nice things are that it is wider and sets you back a little. I haven't got to ride on it yet b/c of weather but sitting on it in the garage i could already tell a difference. It keeps your junk from being smashed up on the tank all the time. I am going to be takeing it off for the track day I'm doing though b/c the way the seat is cut makes it difficult to slide your buttcheeks side to side. so I'm looking forward to getting to ride on it though, I ride mostly to commute so it'll save my ass a bit. So to answer your :?: is it worthwhile... If i wasn't so cheap I would have bought one new and loved it. But I am cheap and got mine used at a good price and love it. :cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good things, r6boater. thanks. a guy on r6messagenet wanted to sell me a used one for a buck and a half but i'm thinking that i'd rather get a new one for just over 2 benjamins b/c that way i could break it in to fit my fat ass. but it did read that it prevents you from slipping too far up on the tank when breaking so that's a plus that the "boyz" get some relief.
:cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow, that's a heck of a deal. for that price i'd reshape someone else's ass-print. good things.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
R6RoadWarrior said:
jasamb, where's your passenger pegs???? :eek:t but its my thread anyways
naaaa...

that's not my bike. i DO have passenger pegs on mine.

Im just checking out that comfy looking seat!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
As if the stock R6 seat wasn't big enough; that corbin looks like a pillow on a bike.

·
MotoGP Groupie
157 Posts
I've got one for my 03 R6, probably one of better buys that I have made.
It looks great, and they can do custom stuff too it as well. It awesome for long rides. :cheers :hammer The fit was a little off, but you can adjust it by filing off a little of the metal tab that hooks under the tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Short Rider - Corbin

I am looking at getting a Corbin seat for those long rides on my 04 R6. My Problem is that I only have a 30" inseam. It would be great if the Corbin is a lower profile seat than stock...maybe I could flat foot it. If it raises me, however, I will not get a Corbin. Does anyone have any experience with this? I would really like to know which is a lower profile seat (stock or Corbin) before I spend $250!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts