Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried a new Corbin seat on an '03 yet? I am curious how much more comfortable and if they lower the seat height any. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Looks like the Corbin seat sits at ~31.5 inches per the corbin site.
Stock hieght is listed as 32.3 on the Yamaha site. So about 1" shorter or so.

Here is a picture

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
for that price I'd rather get the Solo Tail from Sharskins ( http://www.sharkskinz.com/NewSite/YamahaYZF600R6.asp ) and look into getting the seat re-upholstered. Could probably re-use the stock covering and have the seat re-padded or get a whole new material covering. You could have a comfortable seat and a cool look for probably somewhere around the same price.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
293 Posts
our seats are so comfortable comared to a lot of other bikes...cough...600rr...cough. those things have bricks for a seat.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Haven't had the "pleasure" of sitting on one of them yet but if I get the chance, I'be sure to bring a pillow! But first, I'd have to seperate my ass from my own seat and that's not happening anytime soon!

Long live the R6! :jump

·
Registered
58 Posts
Whats Up !

I am new to the R6 Forum and would like some info as to where I can buy a corbin seat for my R6. Any info will be a big help.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Stick with the stock seat and save your money for something like a can or double bubble screen, this will be a better buy :idea:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
river said:
Stick with the stock seat and save your money for something like a can or double bubble screen, this will be a better buy :idea:
Us short people need all the lowering help we can get without changing the handling of our bike and a new screen isn't getting our feet any flatter.

:drink

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yeah, in response to a post just above.......F4I seat = 4x4 feeling. HORRIBLE. Got used to my new R6 seat like a one night stand :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts