Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Y(o_o)Y
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals! I had the opportunity to finally go to the track for the first time last month, and it was amazing! I went through the Cornerspeed track school and had a great time. So I thought I would share with you guys my experience...in the form of some pictures! (Cuz everyone likes pictures :flex: )

tech...

Heading out for our first session

lots of instructor time, excellent feedback

It was tons of fun, and I definitely learned a lot. This was my first time on the track and I was totally nervous/anxious etc. But the instructors really help provide a lot of one-on-one feedback and really let you ride at your own pace. There was no pressure and this helped tremendously for me to get comfortable. And even though its pricey, it was definitely worth it! I would recommend this for anyone thinking about attending in the future! :cheers

-Steven

·
Love To Ride!!
619 Posts
Awesome, I'm sure you hada great time. Try scooting back a bit in your seat. Adjusting where your body is will help in corners and will add a few MPH in the straights as you are able to really duck under the windscreen.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Another track addict, welcome.

·
Y(o_o)Y
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, I'm sure you hada great time. Try scooting back a bit in your seat. Adjusting where your body is will help in corners and will add a few MPH in the straights as you are able to really duck under the windscreen.
Yeh I realized that as well as soon as I looked at the pictures...although when I was on the track I could've swore I was tucking as hard as I could...:sing

Nice pics, welcome to the addiction. What track is that?
VIR in southwest Virginia...north course :)

Another track addict, welcome.
Thanks man! I'm definitely saving up now for another time out :flex:

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
I want to do the full course badly, probably one of the fastest tracks around.

·
Habitual Linestepper
984 Posts
hey, this may be a dumb question, but whats the reason for the blue tape on the headlights and blinkers?..also how much does a session like that cost

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
hey, this may be a dumb question, but whats the reason for the blue tape on the headlights and blinkers?
They use it on the track to block the light. Notice the mirrors are removed as well.

·
Y(o_o)Y
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to do the full course badly, probably one of the fastest tracks around.
Hear great things about that full track!

And the blue tape is for any glass that may potentially crack/or break on the track.

The school is $475, but this included for me, 7 sessions out (including a mock race at the end of the day) as well as amsoil oil, t shirt, lunch, snacks throughout the day etc. and we can't forget about the instruction provided! :YEA

I also had to cover lodging the night before, and gas money. And the bike prep was kinda a pain (I understand why having a dedicated track bike is that much more appealing too) All in all it was in the neighborhood of 650 dollars.

·
Y(o_o)Y
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeh, well there are other clubs and organizations you can ride with that host on the north course at VIR. But for Cornerspeed, they require that you have completed their class before you can ride with them...the class is the $475 and then if you were to ride with them specifically, then you can join their enthusiast group or advance riders during their track days, for about $200 dollars...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts