Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...anybody have an estimate of what it would cost to repaint a bike?? Not if it's damaged or whatever, just if you're trying to change the paint scheme. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
To have your bike professionally painted, I ve paid anywhere from 1700 -3200 , depending on whose doing the paint work. You might find someone locally to do it for less, but from bike shops this is usually the going rate.

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
$1700+ to paint a bike? That sounds rather steep to me unless you are getting some crazy paint scheme. I know a guy who paints and I remember him saying it was rather cheap to paint a bike when I talked to him a year or so ago(he was painting one chromallusion). Who knows, I can't see it being that expensive due to the simple fact that there isn't all that much to paint on a bike.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I ve had three bikes custom painted, but it was a couple of colors...All were done by custom paint bike shops, and believe me 1700 is cheap by todays standards...You might want to talk with SpidermanSS about custom paint, he does alot, and has several guys he deals with.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cost me around 1200 bucks

It all depends on many different, sometimes stupid, things. For instance, I noticed that some reds that were almost identical had extremely different price tags attached. It is really cheap to repaint a bike the same color (sometimes under a grand), but more expensive to change colors because you have all of the stripping work to do. I repainted mine this summer and it was around 1200 bucks. The black lower cowling was done up in truck bed liner. It's tough as hell and looks pretty cool I think.
[/img]

·
Registered
886 Posts
i just got my bike painted just to get a custom red candy it was a grand and for my airbrished graphics it was 700.. just to get a simple paint job like flat colors they go for 800 around here .. but ones you go cusotm 1700 is cheap compared to the big shop prices.. also if you if all your stuff is already stripped and primer sometimes that brings the price down.. or if you buy the paint yourself ..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Spinner, Ive seen you on the DCsportbikes forum. whenever you can gimme the contact info on that shop...... that black looks pretty good! also, can he repair gas tank dents??? Right now my bike is painted kandy green and I'm thinkin about doin a solid white. It's an 03 R6 and I've been looking for a reputable local painter (Ive seen some nasty cheap paintjobs out there that I'd hate to see on my bike) . I'll have it painted if I can't sell it. If anyone here is interested, it has a little less than 5,000 miles and I'm selling it for $5700.

[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts