Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here going? Yes it's stupid expensive, but it's one of those one time bucket list things.
Figured since CMRA will never race there because of cost might as well go for a track day and sample a world premier track.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went earlier this year and had a blast. The back straight is amazing.
I emailed the tire guy that does the COTA events with ridesmart about possible gearing for 08 R6, he suggested -1 front and +2 or 3 rear. Sound right?
I don't want to be bouncing off the rev limiter while I'm still too far from the braking zone.

·
Premium Member
35,476 Posts
I emailed the tire guy that does the COTA events with ridesmart about possible gearing for 08 R6, he suggested -1 front and +2 or 3 rear. Sound right?

I don't want to be bouncing off the rev limiter while I'm still too far from the braking zone.

Oh hell no lol. I run -1/+1 and still almost topped out. COTA is a fast flowing track. If it were technical like MSRH, -1/+2 would be okay but even still I think it's too short.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not particularly. It's pretty smooth so you should be okay but depends on your current rear condition and pace.
Thanks for the advice. Went with -1 and stock and almost topped out down that back straight.
Tires had four sprints on them and were good. Rear was starting to go at the end of the day but managed to put in my best time on my last session.
Not running race pace but managed a 2:28.741 with a clear lap. Not sure what the fast guys are running. I'm assuming low 20's?

·
Premium Member
35,476 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Went with -1 and stock and almost topped out down that back straight.
Tires had four sprints on them and were good. Rear was starting to go at the end of the day but managed to put in my best time on my last session.
Not running race pace but managed a 2:28.741 with a clear lap. Not sure what the fast guys are running. I'm assuming low 20's?
Awesome, glad you had fun! Not sure what the fast guys were running. I was just out there to have fun. Was it packed?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, glad you had fun! Not sure what the fast guys were running. I was just out there to have fun. Was it packed?
Group 3 wasn't too bad. I made sure after the first couple of sessions to make it out to pit out when they made the call so I didn't have too much traffic.
The other groups seemed completely full.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Almost 4K for COTA:eek5
Yep :surprise: Keith was saying it is crazy expensive to rent the track etc so the prices had to go up. Apparently people are willing to pay though because I believe it's already sold out!!! I'm hoping I can get out that way to do some coaching and for a chance to ride the track!! Wooohoooo!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts