Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 R6 which is stock except a couple aesthetic aspects. I'm wanting to do an exhaust system to liven it up a little and get better sound out of it. I dont want to cut the stock system up and add a mid-pipe, so that's out of the question.

With all that being said, I have been looking into full systems from Graces, Leo Vince, and Yoshi. Was also looking into the Taylormade. But the price tags scare the hell outa me lol. I would like to do more track days, but I ride mostly on the street.

So I was wandering if this would work. I was thinking about getting this header ( http://shop.mjsperformance.com/product.sc?productId=5&categoryId=3 ) and getting either a Graves, Leo, or maybe an Olsen slip on (open to suggestions). And is there anything else that would have to go with the slip on and header?

Also, what kind of PC should I get? I see a few different ones and would like to get a little advice on that as well.

Sorry for the noobish questions. I've raced, and kinda worked on dirt bikes since I was 13, and I've been riding the street for 3 years. Just never done work on my own street bike until now haha.

Thanks for any answers/advice/suggestions in advance.

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
Ok, you'll get mixed reviews for this but, I was planning on doing the mjs header/slip-on or mid-pipe/slip-on but Im saving for a full system. Anyways the mjs header is the same thing as doing the mid-pipe route, just they cut off the cat and weld an o2 bung mid pipe on there. As far as a fuel controller, Id have to say go with a PC5 with autotune, which will aide in the tuning much..

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I would get the Gen 1 header from MJS just in case you ever go to race fairings, since it fits both race and factory, its a safer bet to go that route.

I'd call up Mike at MJS he will get you fixed up. I called him up and he answered all my questions, and worked me up a package deal, got everything I needed, and he even preloaded the "correct" map onto the PCV I got from him.

My thread with pictures of the install of all the stuff I got from MJS

I put correct in quotes above because my bike ran very well on the map that he preloaded, no weird dead spots. However I've since picked up an AutoTune from MJS as well, and I've gotten a little better throttle response. Still using his map as the base map though. So even with the map, I still feel like the AutoTune is never a bad ideal.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Dont forget about the Bazzaz fuel controller which controls all your injectors right out of the box unlike the PCV. They are both good systems but make sure you know what you want out of it before you pull the trigger.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, you'll get mixed reviews for this but, I was planning on doing the mjs header/slip-on or mid-pipe/slip-on but Im saving for a full system. Anyways the mjs header is the same thing as doing the mid-pipe route, just they cut off the cat and weld an o2 bung mid pipe on there. As far as a fuel controller, Id have to say go with a PC5 with autotune, which will aide in the tuning much..
So the header has the honeycomb stuff in it too?

Dont forget about the Bazzaz fuel controller which controls all your injectors right out of the box unlike the PCV. They are both good systems but make sure you know what you want out of it before you pull the trigger.
Thanks, I'll look into that one as well.

I would get the Gen 1 header from MJS just in case you ever go to race fairings, since it fits both race and factory, its a safer bet to go that route.

I'd call up Mike at MJS he will get you fixed up. I called him up and he answered all my questions, and worked me up a package deal, got everything I needed, and he even preloaded the "correct" map onto the PCV I got from him.

My thread with pictures of the install of all the stuff I got from MJS

I put correct in quotes above because my bike ran very well on the map that he preloaded, no weird dead spots. However I've since picked up an AutoTune from MJS as well, and I've gotten a little better throttle response. Still using his map as the base map though. So even with the map, I still feel like the AutoTune is never a bad ideal.
Thanks, maybe I'll give him a call in a little while and see what we can get worked up.

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
Please email us or PM us for Leo vince codes for even more discounts than what it is showing on our site, we have to have it set at 20% off.

Look forward to possibly doing business with you Jeff.

OhioYJ glad the autotuner is working good for you!

If you want a AT Jeff just let us know, we have those in stock as well.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please email us or PM us for Leo vince codes for even more discounts than what it is showing on our site, we have to have it set at 20% off.

Look forward to possibly doing business with you Jeff.

OhioYJ glad the autotuner is working good for you!

If you want a AT Jeff just let us know, we have those in stock as well.
Thanks, your emails have been very helpful. Hopefully I can get everything in line and get an order in.

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
I dont know if they price match but you can get that exhaust cheaper from other vendors on here...:sing but go with whom you think will be best for you.
Trust us, when you enter the codes we give out it will smoke other vendor pricing, Jeff knows just how much we are letting these go for.

We cannot say how much on the threads.

Leo called us and made us raise the pricing on our site due to other "vendors" complaining how cheap we were.

·
Your performance needs
235 Posts
Thanks, your emails have been very helpful. Hopefully I can get everything in line and get an order in.
No problem glad to help you out. We are always here to answer any questions anyone has. No question is too dumb and dont be afraid to ask as many as you like.

You will always get treated the same before the sale and after the sale. We strive on great service to the customer.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
No problem glad to help you out. We are always here to answer any questions anyone has. No question is too dumb and dont be afraid to ask as many as you like.

You will always get treated the same before the sale and after the sale. We strive on great service to the customer.
And that's the truth, after I installed all my parts, I had a noob question that I called Mike about, and he took time to answer everything and put my mind at ease. Hard to find a place that has both great prices and excellent customer service these days. That's why I call MJS anytime I need something.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trust us, when you enter the codes we give out it will smoke other vendor pricing, Jeff knows just how much we are letting these go for.

We cannot say how much on the threads.

Leo called us and made us raise the pricing on our site due to other "vendors" complaining how cheap we were.

I can vouch for all of this. Great prices and CS is top notch. I'm sure I will be emailing you with more questions in the future, just can't remember what they are right now. It's past my bed time haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts