Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a intergrated tail (not sure of the manf, it was already installed when i got the bike) on my 06 R6. The left blinker quit working on me. I tested the resistor and the wiring with a test light and all was well. So I guess the led board inside the tail whent bad? Anyone had this happen or heard of this? Any suggestions for a fix?

Anyways, I have been looking online for a replacement. Ive noticed a couple of different companies offering an integrater. Ebay had a couple for $69.00 and clear alternatives wants around a $100. Are they all made by the same company and just distributed by smaller companies or is their a quality difference?

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
More than likely you will need to replace the integrated tail light. I don't know of any fix for your senario.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the brand. I know the clear alternatives is the most expensive and the best quality. What about some of the cheaper ones?

·
08 in the crate
344 Posts
Actually VFXkits.com is the most expensive. Have this on mine. They have options for the brake light and signals. If you plan on getting a new one you might want to check the wire that goes to those signals and attaches to the board. That wire might have been pulled off. If you are good with soldering then you can drill a hole by the board and solder the connection back on and seal it back up. Just a thought. The knockoff integrated taillights lens are made of a different material or don't have the honeycomb on the lens to make the led's reflect brighter. I would stick with the name brands. T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts