Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sat on an R6 before in the shop and it didnt feel bad but I figured i should ask. I'm 6'6 194 pounds. To much for an R6?? Second question. What is considered a lot of mileage for a sport bike?? I know it depends on how you ride but im sure there is a general rule of thumb with the mileage. I have rode some bikes before nothing crazy just like around the neighborhood. I have been following Yamaha R6 since 2007 and I just didnt know if i was to tall for it.... any input?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your not to big for a r6 it has plenty of power to make you eat the asphalt if your new to riding motorcycles r6 might be actually to much they will surprise you on how much power they really have as for your size r6 is best for tall riders in my opinion because they have a high seat hight short riders tippy toe at stops. High milage all depends on how it was maintained if you change the oil regularly it will last along time I seen a guy on here that has a cbr f4i that has over 270k miles on it some bikes might last 20k some might go 200+

·
My zx6r eats tires.
553 Posts
The r6 is fun for all sizes, better suited for taller riders, and yes it has plenty of power for a jockey your size.

Your not to big for a r6 it has plenty of power to make you eat the asphalt if your new to riding motorcycles r6 might be actually to much they will surprise you on how much power they really have as for your size r6 is best for tall riders in my opinion because they have a high seat hight short riders tippy toe at stops. High milage all depends on how it was maintained if you change the oil regularly it will last along time I seen a guy on here that has a cbr f4i that has over 270k miles on it some bikes might last 20k some might go 200+
He just posted on another thread, 251k :sing

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169999

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Holy fcking lack of punctuation of any kind. Jesus christ, read an english textbook.

OP, the bikes will run for as long as you maintain them and don't crash them. Mileage is all based on maintenance. You're not too tall for it. It's almost certainly too much bike for you though, and that's a fact.

·
Registered
384 Posts
General rule of thumb is that 20k is a lot of miles. But it's a skewed rule of thumb. The reason you don't see too many sportbikes with 20+ is because they usually get crashed before that.

Personally, I probably wouldn't buy anything with more that 10-12k unless the PO has an impeccable service log. Plus its really not that hard to find bikes with 5 or 6k, so why not get one with lower mileage?

·
It'll make Ya' blind!
753 Posts
My '05 had 43k and some change, before it was stolen. Have had many FZR's with 30k+

+1 on it being to much bike... Hell I'm shorter, but weigh more and it was for me. 6'2 215

I should add that I maintain my bikes like a meth-head does their habbit. 3k oil change, valves checked ever 4 oil changes (***** the book services) Still rode the piss out of them too.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
I don't buy bikes that have more than 3 oil changes, less than 30k miles and at least 2 missing teeth on the sprocket. The front one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Holy fcking lack of punctuation of any kind. Jesus christ, read an english textbook.

OP, the bikes will run for as long as you maintain them and don't crash them. Mileage is all based on maintenance. You're not too tall for it. It's almost certainly too much bike for you though, and that's a fact.
I normally don't post on forums and worry about my punctuations sorry I didn't know you was my English teacher from 10 years ago next time I'll add my periods didn't mean to offend you haha :swordfigh

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,234 Posts
Proper grammar is the difference between "Helping your uncle, Jack, off his horse", and something quite different....

If your posts are hard to read and understand, why would we assume that you would be intelligent enough to understand any advice given, or give any credibility to advice that you give.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If not putting punctuations in a sentence makes it hard for you to understand your a retard if not having punctuations bothers you that bad don't read it I wasn't answering your question anyway.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
I normally don't post on forums and worry about my punctuations sorry I didn't know you was my English teacher from 10 years ago next time I'll add my periods didn't mean to offend you haha :swordfigh

If not putting punctuations in a sentence makes it hard for you to understand your a retard if not having punctuations bothers you that bad don't read it I wasn't answering your question anyway.
I feel like I'm reading posts by a 16 year old partially brain-dead high school drop-out.

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
At least try punctuation. I run out of breath reading it in my head.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For some reason I feel like I'm getting gangbanged by the cast off the Big Bang theory. Next time I'll reply to online motorcycle forum post in essay form.

·
My zx6r eats tires.
553 Posts
For some reason I feel like I'm getting gangbanged by the cast off the Big Bang theory. Next time I'll reply to online motorcycle forum post in essay form.
Thank you, sweet pea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts