Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was packing my R6 away for winter storage and noticed that my headlight lens was cracked. Never hit anything and there's no indication of any impacts to the light, pretty sure this is a defective lense.

Any chance a dealer would cover this if it's still under warranty?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
80 Posts
Allegedly the led is covered under warranty. I didn't ask about the housing.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
depends on how old the bike is and if you have purchased and extended warranty. if it's older than 12 months and you have not purchased the extended warranty it will not be covered. they might be able to sweet talk yamaha into replacing it. kawasaki was very generous with this sort of thing when I worked at a dealership.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
That type of damage virtually never occurs as a result of a manufacturer defect. Plastic is not like glass where it has sort of an internal tension or resonance frequency that may result with cracking.

It likely occurred as a result of a highway rock strike. Bought my car brand new and within two weeks a truck passing me up as I was entering the highway shot a bullet off its tire. Hit the center of the windshield about midway between lower/middle point. I wasn't happy but it's just luck. Manufacturer of course wouldn't cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts