Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a race prepped '03 R6 but two of the cross members on the subframe under the seat are cracked. Will this prevent me from passing tech inspection?

My guess is yes, but I'd rather ask before I scramble to find another subframe and swap it out..

Thanks!

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
the cross member breaks won't keep the seat from dropping down with your weight on it, but will lessen the side to side strength as it will be able to twist.. I doubt it would be a huge problem, but see about fixing it. like drill a few holes and bolt some bar stock aluminum to strengthen it again. Or just replace it. LEaving all the wire harness and bits in the battery tray that lies inside the subframe make it a fairly easy job.

do NOT drill into your ECU ! seen the threads about "I installed my undertail license plate, now my bike won't run" ?? I have seen it done..

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
do NOT drill into your ECU ! seen the threads about "I installed my undertail license plate, now my bike won't run" ?? I have seen it done..
Kawi people are so funny....

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts

·
Reads the rulez
2,252 Posts

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys! Don't worry, I plan on swapping it out for a new one sometime soon.
Thats pretty sad/hilarious about drilling the ECU...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts