Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I cracked mine at the track. anyways I need a new one how do I tell weather I have a 2003 r6 or a 2003 r6s??? also if anyone knows a cheap place to buy that would be cool also

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
sry to thread jack but im about to be doing some work on my cover and had a couple questions.

The bike was dropped on its side in my garage :mad:
by my dad at that... but anyway, i guess it was moving forward a little at same time cause the stator cover is badly scratched, and i noticed that something happened with the gasket. It was old to begin with, probably the original, but i saw a large chunk of it just hanging off the bottom side of the cover, i peeled it. This has caused a very slow oil leak, which i noticed when i took my lower fairings off and the left one was covered in oil.
Waiting on a new gasket and was just wondering if its as simple as drain oil (need oil change anyway, i know u dont NEED to drain it to take cover off) and unscrew those allen heads and pop it off, clean it up, replace gasket, and tighten it back on.
I was looking through the diagram and noticed a PIN, and a couple of other things im worried about falling out or something. just man up and pop it off or what?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts