Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I laid my bike down a couple months ago, havn't rode it since because I was scared. Now I'm thinking about getting back on it again, but the crankshaft case cover was scratched up pretty bad. It's the circular black thing that says "YAMAHA" on it, on the left hand side near the gear shifter pedal. I took it off, and since I'm a retard and don't know what I'm doing, I had about 2 quarts of oil pour all over my drive way. I took a look and saw a bunch of gears, and inside the cover it had some wierd beige colored thing, maybe the clutch? I have no clue what that is, or what to do with it. All I know is I'm going to have to transfer this thing to a new cover. Any ideas how to get it off and replace it? Is it difficult? I called the shop and they want $300 to do this. SCREW that!

·
Garage Queen R6
719 Posts
Sounds like you removed the stator cover. The oil spilling out is normal. Just remove all the bolts and unplug it from the harness. Then carefully pry and pull the cover off. Once its off, all you have to do is undo the 3 bolts holding it in place. You may also have to remove the screw that holds the wire stay. Transfer the stator to the new cover. Clean off the oil from the 3 bolts then apply loctite and reinstall. Put on a new gasket and use some RTV sealant for the rubber grommet. Reinstall the cover, tighten the bolts, and plug it into the harness. Top off the oil and you're done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts