Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a question reguarding crankcase. I have a 04 and the motor had a issuue. I replaced the motor with a 03 for a great price, This motor had a cracked off lower case where the timing chain cover is located. I replaced the lower block with the 04 case and put it all back together with the 03 internal parts/oil pump,races ect.. this motor runs excelent and i kinda feel confident in my work, torque specs, order,ect.. Long story short i heard through the grape vine you cvant do this the blocks must match, cannot mix and match because they are made togeter.. My question is, Is this true? i have put atleast 3 thanks of fuel and have rode it normally, hard and fast!!! no thicks no issues. Am i worrying myself?

Thanks Much
Josh

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
so you put the pistons and original rings from the 03 in the 04?
that you really shouldn't do. it might be ok now, but it might start using oil soon. OR not..
I guess you will let us know...:D

I would have been hesitant about using the old crank bearings etc in a different block without checking the clearances first. but if it's still running, I'm sure you're fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No... Piston, Rings crank, are original to the 03. I am currently running the 03 Motor, only thing I changed is the lower case. I kept all internal parts 03 even, races, oil pump, ect. so the only thing on the motor that is 04 is the lower case itself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts