Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am looking for crash cage. which one is the best? and where can I get it for the best price?

I am looking for one that covers bike so when it falls side ways from "complete stop" fairings, levers, bar ends, mirrors, exhaust(right), both footrests, etc don't get damaged at all.

Also if I have crash cage, does that mean i don't need other sliders including frame, fork, swingarm, clutch case, and etc(what else?)?

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Go with either the Atown or Sick innovations cage. Only two worth it and you aren't going to find them any cheaper than through them. These are just guys who ride that make parts on the side, no big corporations so they don't have a lot to wholesale. If you get on stunt ride right now Sick innovations is doing a group buy for like $40 off or something like that for cages. You should be fine, though ever fall isn't the same. You can still break stuff with a cage on. Mirrors might get a slight scuff and depends on if you are running stock clipons and what direction the bars are turned when they hit the ground that will determine if they take any hit at all which most the time they won't. If you are just standing still you shouldn't mess anything up really with either cage.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would fairings or footrests get damaged with innovation cage on? I searched but couldn't find stunt ride, and I checked otehr website and couldn't find one for 2010 R6.

also it's kind of dumb question, but if bike falls to side, and bar end hit the ground (or any otherh reason), would something like that cause wheel to twist and mis align with handle bar? so when handle bar is straight, wheel isn't?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts