Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I eat up the twisties
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wanted to share my story. I was out on a 300 mile ride through some tight and unfamiliar roads. Coming around a hard right hander I was kinda powering through it and to my surprise the next corner was downhill and hard left. I lowsided at 50-60 mph, skid across the road into into the woods, I broke my hip, and damaged my sciatic nerve by sliding with a dislocated right leg(worst pain ever). Thank god I was wearing good gear. My jacket and helmet were tore up pretty bad but barely got any road rash!
It will be a pretty long road of recovery due to the nerve damage and surgery, but could have been so much worse. I didn't hit any trees and stopped right before a cliff! My bike... not so lucky, it bounced off a ton of trees and is mangled.

Everyone ride safe and please wear your gear. Never know when you'll need it.

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
heal up man, glad you're ok. did you have bottoms on? or just jacket and helmet?

·
Premium Member
6,436 Posts
Heal quick man! At least you were able to post up. Get well

·
Track=Cocaine
13,515 Posts
Glad to hear you're alright! Take care and heal up quick!

·
I eat up the twisties
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are a few pics when we picked up the bike. Also a before pic, and my hip after surgery.... Also i was not wearing riding pants only jacket gloves and helmet, ended up with some road rash on my left knee.
Thanks for everyones support. I can't wait to heal up.

Attachments

·
I ride my r8
39 Posts
Hey man glad to hear you are okay.. I recently went down on an unfamiliar road doing around 70-80.. also lowside.. wasn't wearing gear that day like an idiot:screwy but luckily didn't break anything as i only hit pavement for a second before being tossed off into a soy bean field... anyway, I hope you get better soon. everyone else, ride safe and wear gear.

·
Premium Member
12,089 Posts
Here are a few pics when we picked up the bike. Also a before pic, and my hip after surgery.... Also i was not wearing riding pants only jacket gloves and helmet, ended up with some road rash on my left knee.
Thanks for everyones support. I can't wait to heal up.
That shit will buff out..

Glad you're okay man!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.