Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Two weekends ago I crashed my 2006 R6 raven. I have been doing some research and it looks like I can fix it for about $1500. What do you think? Do you think that my price range to fix it is accurate? If repaired nicely, how much do you think that the motorcycle is worth? I can do all the work myself to save on money. Any tips are appreciated.. I am pretty upset with myself right now, so if anyone has repaired their crash, it would be great to know how much they spent and how difficult it was. Also, any tips on where to get parts would be great.

The frame, engine, transmission all are fine. I know I need all new plastics handlebars, forks, gas tank, and seat. Any thoughts would be great. I'm not really sure what to do right now.

Thanks,
Chad

Attachments

·
12,482 Posts
Off-topic...

THat's a lot of WHITE on a "raven". lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, there is a lot of white. The previous owner was obsessed with plasti–dip spray. It actually has held up really well surprisingly!

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Its going to depend on how many parts are needing to be replaced as well as what parts you can find used on here or somewhere else. I would say plan for 2 grand. But thats strictly from what Im looking at from the pictures and quickly adding up some common prices in my head.

·
Living life the Right way
23 Posts
While I had much less damage to my 08 after my accident, and was able to over look the minor scratched/broken pieces that I still haven't fixed, it still cost me about $1200. I did buy all pieces new. The plastics add up quick and you'll find more and more things broken as you disassemble. Usually small things. A word of advice, DONT buy the upper fairing stay for $60 off eBay. Very poorly made and crap materials. New ones are like $200 but you can find a good one here for $150 or better.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
dont expect to get anything more than 3 to 4k for that if you decide to be honest in your sale...seems like under 1500 bucks if its just that what you said is wrong with it...pretty sure you can find used fairings and tanks and just send them off to get them painted....good luck with your journey

·
V-twins Rock
427 Posts
I would just fix it if it was me. But then again, I enjoy projects. I have rebuilt two of my bikes after I bought them wrecked. The total that I spent on the first bike was $800 and some change (TL1000R), and on the second bike (current R6) , I've spent around $2200 (w/race parts and spares). Plastics will be your biggest expense for sure. Unless you go with a aftermarket fairing distributor. Everything looks easy to fix by your pictures. Good luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have many of the parts you need. Message me if interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts