Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Big Guns and Big Boobs
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not exactly totally sure what happened.... i "think" my throttle got stuck. Was making a right turn at a stop sign, next thing I know I'm catching air jumping over the median strip, cross over into the oncoming lane, slam in the curb. Bike throws me 30 feet over the handlebars, end up on the lawn of an apartment complex.

Left hip and thigh is pretty banged up, def hit my head on the sidewalk, helmet is cracked, jacket is all torn up. Little bit of road rash on my arse and ankle.. Worst is my hip tho... on crutches, percoset and 600mg ibuprofen for about a week. Thankfully nothing broken, and didn't hit anyone else.

REBUILD! ..lol... pics are kinda fuzzy...did the best I could on crutches and percoset

·
R6'ers B4 Gixxers
367 Posts
Damn man...since you're posting it's safe to say you're okay! Now at least you can strip her down and do the mods exactly how you want them!!!

·
Big Guns and Big Boobs
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ouch. At least you didn't suffer any serious damage. Gonna go through the insurance or just repair it out of pocket?
Insurance... adjuster is coming to the house tomorrow morning to give me an appraisal. Figure I'll use the check for a downpayment on a car, and repair the bike over the winter out of pocket

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Insurance... adjuster is coming to the house tomorrow morning to give me an appraisal. Figure I'll use the check for a downpayment on a car, and repair the bike over the winter out of pocket
Glad to see you are ok. The bike can be fixed/replaced.

They just give a check? They don't make you take it somewhere?

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about that. Glad to know you were wearing gear. That probably would have been horrible if you weren't wearing a helmet. Hurts even more that you're a fellow 03 liquid silver owner :(

·
Big Guns and Big Boobs
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ouch, from looking at the pictures I died a little inside!

LOL....yeah.. it hurts to look at her.. but right now, my hip hurts even more!

·
Big Guns and Big Boobs
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad you're okay.

You didn't hit the frame did you or scratch/dent it?
Not that I could see, frame looks to be ok, so might just be cosmetic/electrical damage. We'll see what the shop says when they come to get it tomorrow morning.

·
Big Guns and Big Boobs
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
take off whatever aftermarket parts you can salvage, right now..because if they total it..youre SOL
If i could move without screaming in pain, I would.. but ..hell..right now.. i need help to sit down on the toilet to take a crap :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts