Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont really remember how it happened but i remember feeling the front end let go on downhill decreasing right radius turn that i have taken plenty of times before. Front wheel lost it, i started going down on my right side then i was able to pick it up but the wheel wouldnt go straight and then the front tire skidded and plopped on its left side and i went a slidin' ... luckily there was a very nice guy behind me and a team of people eventually stopped to help me get my bike out of the ditch and i rode it home.

Im ok my left knee is really damned sore and tight but i dont think i need to goto the hospital, ill see how it feels tomorrow. My helmet didnt hit, and i was in full leathers which probably saved me a lot of pain.

On with the pics.... im going to need advice on replacement parts please.

In this pic you can see the shifter extension rod is bent so shit along with the bearings, anyone know where i can find these parts?

In this pic this big metal tube, probably a radiator hose ?? ? is bend and should probably be replaced.

Only my legs hit the ground, leathers saved me.

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
Glad your okay. Seems to happening alot lately.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
time to get them flush mount turn signals!
also doesn't look as bad as i thought.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Yeah you are not in too bad shape. Upgrade with better shit, and search Ebay. Stock body work is all over the place.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
damn man, thats no good at all...sorry to hear. Glad you're ok since the machine can always be fixed!

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Glad to hear that you are okay. Sounds like the gear did it's job.

That hose that you bent is a hose to the radiator.

·
Registered
482 Posts
well atleast it didnt catch fire like some of the others, actually pretty scared if i go down again. but doesnt look like you hit anything to expensive (head light, tank, tail). youll get her back better that ever.

good luck glad to hear your rode away

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Sorry to hear. Looks pretty reasonable. Start sniping these parts and you'll be back in no time. :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Almost the same thing happened to me last weekend. Right hand hairpin,decreasing radius,downhill,off camber, with 2 huge potholes across the road. It came right out of a left hand 25mph hairpin into that with no warning. Went down on my right side at 10mph but it was some nasty asphault and tore some stuff up. State Farm guy should be here tomorrow. :fact

Good luck getting yours fixed. Now is a good time to do the upgrades i was planning anyway. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same thing happened to me last season at around this time.....broke my collar bone and stuff it was no good. Glad you're ok and you're lucky like me that your tank or anything really expensive didn't get damaged. Like someone else already said search and search on ebay. I found a whole set of brand new stock plastic for mine from a guy that put racing plastics on his. Was able to sell what I didnt need and make my money back! Good Luck

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
glad to hear you are alright for the most part, take care of the knee and hope you get the bike fixed soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts