Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Blue '05 R6 that I just purchased about 5 months ago (first bike) and after it was layed over last week (woke up and it was on its side outside my apt) and broke the right peg i have decided it time for me to start throwing money at my bike like the rest of yall. I want a clean looking bike that doesn't look like I just put random parts on it. I ordered blue pegs becasue when i got my bike it had anodozed blue "R6" foot guards on the rear set. I was thinking about going with a blue scheme of parts to go with my bike but im wondering if that would not go well. Like i was thinkign of getting a blue chain and when i replace my chain and sprocket. What is yalls advice?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Blue would work if you like it, I more of a dark color scheme personally. How about something like Blue and Black, or Blue and White. Whatever you decide to do, you could change out the clutch and brake levels pretty easily, as well as the windshield, seat cowl, and blinkers. That's probably where I would start...it's what I've done with my Charcoal 07.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
I have a Blue '05 R6 that I just purchased about 5 months ago (first bike) and after it was layed over last week (woke up and it was on its side outside my apt) and broke the right peg i have decided it time for me to start throwing money at my bike like the rest of yall. I want a clean looking bike that doesn't look like I just put random parts on it. I ordered blue pegs becasue when i got my bike it had anodozed blue "R6" foot guards on the rear set. I was thinking about going with a blue scheme of parts to go with my bike but im wondering if that would not go well. Like i was thinkign of getting a blue chain and when i replace my chain and sprocket. What is yalls advice?
I have a blue 05 too! :cheers

I didnt want too much blue, so I went with a few gold parts like pazzo levers, and some gold rearsets soon. First thing I did was clean up the tail with a clear alternatives integrated tail light, undertail, and custom fender eliminator. Then I did the slip on and flushmounts, puig windscreen 520 conversion -1 +2 with vortex sprockets, pazzo levers, tires. Its a process but spend some time riding and learning. This is the most important part. If this is your first bike you need to take it slow and really learn how to ride. I would recommend taking the MSF course. I learned a lot and I grew up on dirtbikes. Do you have a motorcycle endorsment? Keep it safe bro and take baby steps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appericate the advice and i did take the MSF course which helped out a good bit. Now im just trying to figure out all the techinal stuff so i can take care of my bike properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts