·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Some of the posts on there are outrageous,

" ..why not pass a law that puts a $10,000 surcharge on these bikes. Sort of an advance payment for all the speeding they are going to do."

·
Registered
202 Posts
That is ****ing ridiculous. I love how people see one individual doing something stupid and they relate it to every other single rider. Police shouldn't chase these individuals because they put themselves in danger as well as the other cars on the road trying to catch up to them. I love how we can't pop wheelies fully focused on an open road but a cop can flick on his lights to blow by lights, drive while using their cellphone. Do double the speed limit. and tailgate till you get out of the way. Yet they receive no punishment. how are you supposed to protect society from people breaking laws if you yourself don't respect them. I don't understand how these people have the nerve to suggest to raise the insurance rates and add a performance tax... are you kidding me. i pay enough for insurance as it is. I don't suggest you pay a driving while eating, putting on your make up, talking on the phone and trying to change you whiney kids diaper all at the same time tax. **** YOU...:mad:

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Don't run from the police, and if you do and get caught, there should be a stiff penalty.
Well in most states there is, it's called felony evasion. It was even pointed out in the article fleeing is a felony. Unless you want to make a new group of charges and call it super felonies. LOL
That is ****ing ridiculous. I love how people see one individual doing something stupid and they relate it to every other single rider. Police shouldn't chase these individuals because they put themselves in danger as well as the other cars on the road trying to catch up to them. I love how we can't pop wheelies fully focused on an open road but a cop can flick on his lights to blow by lights, drive while using their cellphone. Do double the speed limit. and tailgate till you get out of the way. Yet they receive no punishment. how are you supposed to protect society from people breaking laws if you yourself don't respect them. I don't understand how these people have the nerve to suggest to raise the insurance rates and add a performance tax... are you kidding me. i pay enough for insurance as it is. I don't suggest you pay a driving while eating, putting on your make up, talking on the phone and trying to change you whiney kids diaper all at the same time tax. **** YOU...:mad:
That last part just made me laugh.

Oh and.... Fcuk the police coming striaght from the underground.... Sorry J(06), I had to use your style.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Yeah, reading some of those comments was pretty entertaining...

·
Registered
585 Posts
The problem is they consider us felons because a biker drives faster than normal.

In this case, normal is a man made definition of what the government feels is a safe travel of speed to protect other drivers.

Speed limits were designed for cars to protect others in the event a collision and to prevent stupid people from driving above their confidence. Speeding does not make you a criminal, as those officers seem to believe. And that is my problem with them and their view.

·
loves riding his 6
802 Posts
haha, i was reading the comments below... he was saying making 500cc and up bikes illegal.. haha, so do they know that almost all or most crusier bikes are 1000 and up? the harley guys wouldnt be too happy about that.

and just because i speed, they think im out there doing other criminal activities? are cops just dumb or do they just like to stereo type..

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
The problem is they consider us felons because a biker drives faster than normal.

In this case, normal is a man made definition of what the government feels is a safe travel of speed to protect other drivers.

Speed limits were designed for cars to protect others in the event a collision and to prevent stupid people from driving above their confidence. Speeding does not make you a criminal, as those officers seem to believe. And that is my problem with them and their view.
If you break a law, any law - you have committed a crime. So, yes if you speed you are a criminal.

The "normal" speed defined by the government constitutes a law.

And before you ask, yes I commit a crime everyday when I go home from work. I can't drive 55 miles per hour, so I choose to break the law knowing the consequences of my actions.

·
off roadin' GARDEN SLAYA!
904 Posts
haha, i was reading the comments below... he was saying making 500cc and up bikes illegal.. haha, so do they know that almost all or most crusier bikes are 1000 and up? the harley guys wouldnt be too happy about that.

and just because i speed, they think im out there doing other criminal activities? are cops just dumb or do they just like to stereo type..
A bit of both in this case.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
It depends on the Department, State cops dont chase bikes, Local, and county cops do.

Atleast where I live.

Oh yeah, Fcuk Teh Police :sing

·
Registered
106 Posts
i like the part where he is scared of being investigated. i think cops should be investigated for everything they do. keeps them honest, and if they don't have anything to hide they should be fine with it.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Teens texting and driving poses a bigger risk to the general public than a speeding motorcyclist. While I don't agree with anyone who runs from the police, there's not much they can do about it except to increase fines and penalties for those they do catch.

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
The posts in that article are pretty calm compared to others I have seen. I used to lurk around in actual cop forums just to hear what they have to say about the " Average Joe " and it's not pretty. Most cops are bragging about how they did this or that to increase the number of tickets and telling others how to do the same. I have heard others go on about how they made stops with really nothing, turn into much more by asking certain questions. It is sickening when you go to their forums and read what they have to say. As far as most of them are concerned we are all just criminals.

I really love the one that goes on about MONEY MONEY MONEY. You want to get support, talk money. If you ever had a question as to why it's illegal not to wear a seatbelt, just remember it's about the money.

I have always had this theory about cops and chasing, or breaking the law, to uphold it. If the cop cannot catch a criminal without they themselves breaking the law, then they should not be allowed to cite you. It's a double standard for them to do what they want to catch you. The law says that no one is above the law and that even a cop is not allowed to break the law. But they do it everyday. The whole purpose of the traffic laws are intended for public safety and the cops seem to care a lot about it when you are breaking those laws. They seem to quickly forget about it when they are chasing you down.

For example you are running from the police. You will stop running when you feel you are no longer being chased. As long as they are chasing, you are going to continue to run. So it would make sense to me that the safest policy is to not take pursuit on a perpetrator. It is safest to allow the perpetrator to go in the interest of public safety.

The mentality of the most of the coppers in that article are pretty much how most of them think. You and me are really not much more than a bad guy. And their EGO is what drives them to catch us horrible criminals. I don't know if it's training or actual experience that gives them that attitude. It's a bad attitude regardless.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Oh, and the comments were amusing, but I think they'd be better suited asking bikers how to stop bikers then taking advice from someone who thinks putting a remote killswitch on every vehicle is a good idea.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The posts in that article are pretty calm compared to others I have seen. I used to lurk around in actual cop forums just to hear what they have to say about the " Average Joe " and it's not pretty. Most cops are bragging about how they did this or that to increase the number of tickets and telling others how to do the same. I have heard others go on about how they made stops with really nothing, turn into much more by asking certain questions. It is sickening when you go to their forums and read what they have to say. As far as most of them are concerned we are all just criminals.

I really love the one that goes on about MONEY MONEY MONEY. You want to get support, talk money. If you ever had a question as to why it's illegal not to wear a seatbelt, just remember it's about the money.

I have always had this theory about cops and chasing, or breaking the law, to uphold it. If the cop cannot catch a criminal without they themselves breaking the law, then they should not be allowed to cite you. It's a double standard for them to do what they want to catch you. The law says that no one is above the law and that even a cop is not allowed to break the law. But they do it everyday. The whole purpose of the traffic laws are intended for public safety and the cops seem to care a lot about it when you are breaking those laws. They seem to quickly forget about it when they are chasing you down.

For example you are running from the police. You will stop running when you feel you are no longer being chased. As long as they are chasing, you are going to continue to run. So it would make sense to me that the safest policy is to not take pursuit on a perpetrator. It is safest to allow the perpetrator to go in the interest of public safety.

The mentality of the most of the coppers in that article are pretty much how most of them think. You and me are really not much more than a bad guy. And their EGO is what drives them to catch us horrible criminals. I don't know if it's training or actual experience that gives them that attitude. It's a bad attitude regardless.
Agree 100%. Even when not in a chase, around here cops rarely obey the speed limit and even little things like come to a complete stop at stop signs and what not. I mean, I don't always do it either but just emphasizing your point.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Well in most states there is, it's called felony evasion. It was even pointed out in the article fleeing is a felony. Unless you want to make a new group of charges and call it super felonies. LOL

That last part just made me laugh.

Oh and.... Fcuk the police coming striaght from the underground.... Sorry J(06), I had to use your style.
:cheers

·
-(0_0)-
152 Posts
Kinda what 'luke' said, the pigs have big egos. We are all sheep to them.

I had a cop pull me over once (for no real reason) and he asked if I had been speeding recently!.... like I was gonna tell him specificly when I was speeding.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts