Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just wanted to know what RPMs you are at when just cruising? I know running to low will go through spark plugs, and i'm sure running high has it's cons.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Considering I normally use my bike to go to work and back on the Highway, Im normally around 6k-7k rpms

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same for me, 6k-7k+, stock gearing. I live out in the middle of nowhere so I can go a little faster out here. Plenty of room right out the front door to get her up to 170mph! Good mountain roads too!

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
I have a -1 front sprocket. But I usually go between 55-70mph depending on which highway im on.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
i'm usually around 5-6...used to run around 4

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright guys, thanks for the help.

·
Will Race for Food
136 Posts
14k, I only ride the track.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
around 8k freeway and about 6k around town

·
Registered
14 Posts
FYI, on stock gearing, the RPM-> speed for 6th gear on an 06/07 is really easy to figure out.

4k is 44mph, 5k 55, 6k 66, etc, etc.

8k on the highway feels about perfect to me, seems like my natural hand position holds to that speed and the engine likes cruising there.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
^yea thats pretty much wat im gettin too. im usually crusin around 18k everywhere i go cuz im a baller and thats just how i get down:werd hahaha nah, usually around 6k or so

·
Ride for you, not others.
229 Posts
FYI, on stock gearing, the RPM-> speed for 6th gear on an 06/07 is really easy to figure out.

4k is 44mph, 5k 55, 6k 66, etc, etc.

8k on the highway feels about perfect to me, seems like my natural hand position holds to that speed and the engine likes cruising there.
I may not have read this correctly but why would you be in 6th gear if you are only going 44, 55, or 66? For most of the guys I know those are 2, 3, or maybe 4 gear speeds at best.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts