Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys/Girls,

Just found this site, seems pretty cool !! Here's my question, I've got an '04 R6 and I just bought a full Yosh RS-3 for it. Does the install of a new aftermarket header require crush washers (like my '00 F4 did) between the Yoshi header and exhaust port. Or does it just bolt right up ?

The pipe is on it's way and I want to order the crush washers now if they're needed.

Thanks in advance !!
AL

:poke

·
My 6 makes me super horny
140 Posts
If anything extra is required it should come with the exhaust. Otherwise, it should just use the factory hardware.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The crush washers (or "gaskets") that I'm talking about fit between the motor (exhaust ports) and the header. Their purpose is to ensure a perfect seal. They are made of very small hollow copper tubing that crushes when the header is tightened up. My '97 GSXR 600 had the same sort of deal, but used a slightly different washer (or "gasket").

If anyone has installed an aftermarket header on their '03/'04 R6 themselves, I'd like to hear if these washers/gaskets are necessary.

Thanks,
AL

:cheers

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to replace them, but I didnt.

I would if the bike has alot of miles on it before you do the install. I installed my exhaust at like 800 miles and everything is fine as far as reusing them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts