Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok did i get carried away with this.I started a while back, but its nothing now like it was when i finished it first.I decided to add the "hump" & extend it way back.Plus i have huge room for storage.It reminds me a little of the 80s-90s cowl on early sport bikes.Opinions please.

over the tank view

Overhead rear view

another angle

rear shot

left side

right side

diff angle

underside

Obviously i still have lots of work to do, but the basic shape is there....Well!

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's done. Judging by the great condition you keep your bike in, I sure you'll do a good job and it will look pretty cool. Keep up the good work.
Oh ya, I sure do miss having storage. :)

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.I can put alot of stuff in there now.Fit two cans of soda in the hump part the other day!!

·
Ride Safe; Not Stupid
716 Posts
it looks HUGE

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it is.At the front its 12 across & 6 1/4 tall.Its also 12 inces long.Inner dimensions are about 6 inches deep at the front & almost 10 across.Plus 4 deep at the rear & 8 inches in lenght.The section where it tapers off lays over the fairing so there is no space there.I could maybe put three square meals in there for work!!:D

·
MITICO
437 Posts
Haha does look huge, reminds me of the cowl on the old suzuki TL1000R and similar shape to my cousins '03 aprilia RSV-R cowl. I bet it'll look better finished tho

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If all goes well.It will be painted two tone.Matching black on the sides & matt black on the top(hump).With this little bugger at the very rear tip.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Boogers!! or is that "bugger":D!

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
meh, a little tooo huge for my liking id say.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i've had this argument with friends before and we had finally agreed on "boogers" as the correct spelling. mmmm, i'm having fun peeling road rash scabs off my back
Maybe its a europeon term!Anyway boogers to me is snot.Bugger is a little thing or item.Lets see pics of the scabs!

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
thats a HUGGGEEE bitch!

its cool you made it yourself but to me from the side, it looks way out of place, its taller then your tank... Maybe do it again minus 2 inches of height? Not sure how hard that would be to re do. Either way, its a DIY mod and i give you props for that~!

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually the tank is too low!:D.Seriously though this is kinda what i was(or am) trying to achieve.Not that i wanna copy this exact.I mean something a little older with something a little newer.I figured if i want more room iLL try to make it resemble something.If that makes sense.

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
Would look better if it matched the height of the tank...But thats just my 2cents

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It would be a slightly different look, but would also defeat my original purpose(more room).Its a good idea though.Just dont feel like redoing this a third time.Maybe someone else will make one with a lower profile......Somebody do it!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts