How Did the Map Work?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Eat My R6
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a map done for a mid-pipe install on 06-07 R6. I dont know if it will work on 08 or not. please let me know how you like it. i love it, smooth shifting and no on/off throttle transitions. i think it might be running a little rich up top. it still doesnt seem to have too much power from 6-8k rpms, but i think i am going to hook my exup back up; and try it then.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
who did the map? do you have a slip on? how much power did you produce? i think im going to try ur map this weekend

·
I Eat My R6
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we were at a trackday last weekend and it was done there. no dyno, but they used the air/fuel computer that uses the probes into the header. it was a real quick map, so i dont know what the hp increase was. he concentrated on a more even curve. i have the gyt-r slip-on.

·
I Eat My R6
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey i noticed that the poll results suck. any comments. i like it a lot. if i think this is good, i cant wait to see what a full custom map on a dyno does.

·
Registered
218 Posts
there were only 2 votes and the one that said crappy probably didn't even try it

·
Registered
115 Posts
there were only 2 votes and the one that said crappy probably didn't even try it
actually im the one who said crappy and i said that because when i loaded it and started my bike it jumped around on the idle and after it warmed up it died and took forever to start again. and when it did start again it popped and ran horrible. i also could smell fuel coming from the exhaust so for me it was crappy.

·
I Eat My R6
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, thats not good. if it did that on my bike i wouldnt have even posted it. like they say everyone bikes are different but i didnt know that different. i wonder if that happened because the CO settings are different in each bike. all i now if the map i downloaded for the mid-pipe off of the website performancefabricationworks.com ran my bike really crappy. weird

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah i just need to break down and get mine custom mapped. although i do appreciate you posting this map i just wish it had worked better for me. although as you said bikes are different and then theres location of which you ride so there are so many factors.

·
I Eat My R6
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, after riding this over any other map i have tried it is the best. he only used an air/fuel computer not a dyno and didnt really "tune" it for performance but more for a smoother fuel curve. i think i might go ahead and get a full custom dyno tune in the near future...and i will post it up for anyone interested for sure.

·
Texas... need I say more?
349 Posts
I tried this map, Yosh Full exhaust, Graves SS Full Exhaust and stock. Out of all of these yours was the best one. It pulls so much harder from 10k to redline night and day diffrence. Also it was very smooth all over the power band. Thank you so much for the tune. It looks like a leaner version of the Graves SS tune from PC website. Did you make it yourself?
Thanks again,
Chris D.

Performance mods:
PCIII
T-Tuner Midpipe(Honey comb still in headers)
GYTR Slipon
Stock Filter
This tune...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts