Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was finding a bunch of stock maps showing 102-105hp. and the aftermath of putting on a full exhaust system usually showed 10hp gains.

my local dynotuner is known to be one of the best in town. However he tuned my bike and the stock numbers were 102hp. this was with my full system on but untuned.
and then he tuned the system and im getting 105hp now.

I have a K&N race filter and full akro evo cf system. kind of disapointed that i got a 3hp gain out of over 2 grand.

this is in las vegas, it was 105 degree's in the dyno room at 20% humidity. i dont know if that helps.

does this sound wrong? am i missing something? Thanks.

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
That don't sound right at all. The question is did you feel a difference?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Keep in mind that not only weather will affect the hp of a bike. Elevation is killing his bike also. I know NVKrawler's bike dynoed at 107-109 out in nevada. So those numbers are probably good for the location.

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
Why you gotta be like that? You should know 3 horse power gain isn't right. I'm at about 13 more over stock with my small mods. Maybe more since the pcIII and block offs. I was at 111 with the techlusion and mjs header and 98 stock.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My 07 bike has a pc3, bmc race with restrictor, and a 04 header with stock can.
And the day I dyno'd it was 97* in the dyno room with extremely high humidity.( Its always humid in alabama).
And after tuning mine makes 107 hp and 43 ft/tq. Yea it doesnt make as much as other people say there bike makes but you can never compare dyno number because every dyno is different and there are many ways to manipulate the numbers. Also differences in the weather and everything else effects the outcome. Mine makes lower hp than alot of ppl post but my bike is stock hieght and wheelbase and I have ran a 6.93 @ 103 in the 1/8th so compare that to other peoples times and hp numbers.

·
Sex on 2 Wheels
427 Posts
I was finding a bunch of stock maps showing 102-105hp. and the aftermath of putting on a full exhaust system usually showed 10hp gains.

my local dynotuner is known to be one of the best in town. However he tuned my bike and the stock numbers were 102hp. this was with my full system on but untuned.
and then he tuned the system and im getting 105hp now.

I have a K&N race filter and full akro evo cf system. kind of disapointed that i got a 3hp gain out of over 2 grand.

this is in las vegas, it was 105 degree's in the dyno room at 20% humidity. i dont know if that helps.

does this sound wrong? am i missing something? Thanks.

You act like 105hp isn't enough. That's probably really good for your location. If I were you, I'd just be happy to have my bike tuned properly and running the way it should. I don't understand why numbers are so important to some people. Unless you're a licensed racer, does it really matter?? :confused:

·
2 Fast 4 U
130 Posts
Hey Boyz...I just had my Dyno done and the power commander got 112.4 bhp... Wahoo...I think its pretty good. Mods I have for it are, Smog block off plates, BMC air filter, Akrapovic slip-on and also the power commander. Id love to scan the paper but i dnt have a scanner. If I was to put an ignition module how much mre break do you think it could squeeze out?

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
anyone think maybe that dyno was reading low, or the dynos that gave some 120+ readings on a bike w/ just exhaust was reading high?
its all in the calibration of the dyno, elevation, humidity, barometric pressure, each dyno is different.

if he had a dyno run done in similar conditions of the bike stock, he would be able to see what he really got.
if u have a stock baseline, w/ mods and un tuned, and fully tuned, u could see EXACTLY what the bike gained and where it was gained.

dont feel bad 3hp from a tune is pretty good.
remember, u really cant "bolt on" 15hp on a 599cc engine.

if it runs good, it is good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.