Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Mod
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I left my house to go to work at about 7:45 AM. I was only going into work for about 4 hours to help out with some administrative stuff and overtime assignments. I literally work about 3 miles from my house. I get to the stop light where I would go through in order to get to the airport when all of a sudden, this silver SUV decides that he needs to be turn left.....from the far right lane. I am in the middle lane, he is in the far right lane, and the left lane is empty.

He deicdes to do this RIGHT as I am coming onto the side of him. He cuts over in a fury. I tried to lean out of the way, but there was no way to avoid it. I nailed his left front fender and my bike stopped and slid on the ground, while I continued to fly through the air, over his hood, and into the intersection.

There were a ton of witnesses that gave their story, which was that I was doing the speed limit and this guy cut me off and cut across traffic. He was issued a few tickets, and his car was towed from the scene. I'm assuming the bike will be totalled.....I expect a call from the insurance company tomorrow to move forward from here.

I end up getting strapped to the backboard and taken to the Trauma Center as a precaution. Had a bunch of X-Rays taken, and they came back negative...no broken bones. Fortunately, I only have a few scrapes....I was wearing a jacket, gloves, helmet, and jeans....so they took the damage instead of my body.

As for the bike......needs a new upper, new windscreen, new front rim, new right rearset, new exhaust, new subframe, new solo seat cowl, new stator cover, new right mid, new right lower, new 'V' for behind front wheel, new front fender, new slider pucks, new headlight, new tailsection, new gas tank. The case on the engine is also cracked where the stator cover bolts to.

Here are pics of my minor injuries:

Left Elbow:

Left Ankle:

Left Knee/Calf:

Upper Left Thigh:

Right Calf:

Right Knee:

Swollen Right Ankle (upside down pic):

Right Foot:

And here are pics of the bike:

·
Giggity Giggity
683 Posts
do you shave your legs?? :sing

·
Super Mod
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He tried to say I was doing about 70 and ran into him, until every witness said he was lying.

They were like...no, he [me] was just riding along at the speed limit and this guy pulled across in front of him.

·
Captain Save-A-Ho
744 Posts
its good thing your ok. Also good thing there was plenty of witness and of course if they investigate they can see its clearly the guys fault. Your insurance company should take care of you or his..hopefully he has insurance. As for the bikes...its gone...i wouldn't try to fix it if thats what your thinking. I see you have a blueflame can too...damn good can, i also have the same...i guess now i know how it will would look [email protected]#$ up (can).

btw - don't worry...i'll back ya up..i shave my legs too :D

·
Super Mod
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah.....the bike is toast. Depending on what I get...I may upgrade to an 06.

Problem is I dont have receipts for my PCIII, Graves Flushies, BF, 520 Conversion, Slide Stops, V-Stacks, Speedohealer, GP Shift Shaft, HC Shift Shaft Support, Puig DB Windscreen, Headlight Converison, etc........

...and don't knock shaving the legs.....it's better for road rash, since the follicle wont be ripped out leaving an open hole to get dirt and stuff in....plus the ladies love it.

CHEERS.

·
!w00t!
711 Posts
Sucks to hear man! Glad your OK! I know if I had the ability/energy, I would've gotten up and ripped the person out of their car!

Againg, glad your OK, hopefully you can recover and get a new baby!

·
Ceci n'est pas un titre.
514 Posts
Sucks about your bike, time to uprage to the 06. I've never seen a wreck that rips out every leg hair without damaging the skin, has to be some sort of freak occurence, just kidding. Phi Alpha bro, keep riding and watch out for stupid cagers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts