Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its a 04 r6. it shuts off when i put it in 1st or 2nd. i can blip the throttle and get the bike rolling however it shutsdown when i come to a stop. i thought it was the kickstand sensor but it's not(bought a new one). i try to start it in gear and code 19 shows. i did a diag test which showed a history of malfuntion codes(i wrecked pretty hard 8months ago) 61: 22 30 34 41 12 19 62: 6. If anyone could point me in a direction it would help out a lot.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
assuming you fixed the air temp sensor (22), don't worry about code 30, plugged your coils back in (34), don't worry about code 41, and fixed the crank sensor (12), I would say you have a short somewhere in the wiring for the sidestand switch.

Go into diagnostic mode and go to option 20. This shows you how the bike is reading the sidestand position. If the display says "on" the stand is up, if it says "off" the stand is down. Move the stand a few times and see if it reads it correctly. If its not reading it correctly double check all the wiring to make sure there isn't a short. If that doesn't work, attempt to find someone with the same year bike and swap your "starter circuit cutoff relay" and try it again. All the safety switches go to that relay and if it gets damaged will cause the ECU to not get the right signals. I say swap it first, because its like a 50 dollar relay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just put it in diag mode 20. it said it was on. i played the stand and the wires leading into the ECU, on was showing the whole time

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
disconnect both of the fuel pump wires. leave the kill switch in the run position. push and hold restart and select, turn the key on. screen will change then press and hold restart and select again for 2 secs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts