Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People!

I have a problem with my bike, its 2000 R6. It seems like this only happens at low speeds as if i was stopping then pulling away again, it feels like it looses spark/ignition then comes back on? But sometimes it wont fire back up it will just cut out then im rolling to a stop but as im rolling i try to bump it or try use the electric start but there is nothing there until i stop turn the ignition off and back on it then starts?

When it starts again i put in to gear and it cuts out? Now could this be my side stand switch playing up? As i noticed when i serviced it to take the panels of i seen the switch wires had been tapped back together with grease & oil on? Just wondering if it could be a funny connection and its making it cut out?

Or i changed the plugs on it could it be ive not put something back together right or a coil pack is loose or maybe a bad earth somewhere?

Sorry for the long post but i need to find out whats causing it to cut out like this!

Cheers.

Jase.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think ive sorted it, Side stand switch! I am going to go on a longer ride just to make sure it doesn't happen again, if it does could it be the fuel pump?

·
Drop a gear and DISAPPEAR
52 Posts
You prolly got it. The bike will run without fuel pump pumping cause of gravity, but it wouldn’t be able to keep up with fuel needs and eventually sputter!! It could also be the ignition switch, but I’m pretty sure you got it. Be glad you figured it out. I bought a CDI unit because of this damn switch!!! I have the one plug which cost 250 minimum!!! Bypass that bitch that’s what I did, but I have bent my stand since bypassing. It also caused me to Run off the road when I went to lean into a turn with stand down!! As long as you ain’t a forgetful dumbass like me you’ll be ok!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys, im back! I thought i sorted the problem but i haven't �� it's not the side stand switch so my only guess would be fuel pump? But for someone reason when i got to start and put in gear it cuts out?

·
52 Posts
Clutch switch. It’s ran by same relay your side stand switch is. Right by your clutch leaver l, you can bypass that bitch too!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAndHEldJEsuS- do you have a picture of what it looks like? Just so i know I'm looking at the right thing here. How do i by by pass that to? Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update- found the switch I've taken it off as i want to by pass it but the bike still starts and when put in to gear when the switch is off? Surely this isn't right?

·
52 Posts
It’s a gen 1 so it don’t have a lean angel switch. But to bypass the kick stand switch and/or clutch switch jus pull the two wires off and connect them together and I’ll will take a pic as soon as I get back home!!! The way I bypassed my stand switch is jus unplugged it for the harness and then took a small piece of copper wire strip it all the way to wire then shoved the wire into the connector on the harness. Bypass it and get rid of unnecessary wire that goes from switch to harness!!! I’ll post a pic as soon as I get back home

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi guys, still having the cutting out issue when coming to a stop i put in to neutral then in to 1st and cuts out! So frustrating! What else could i check? Or what could it be? Fuel pump? Ignition switch? Neutral switch? Coil packs? Bad wiring somewhere down the line from previous owner's!

Or could this be a internal engine problem?

·
52 Posts
Hummm have you checked your neutral switch? It’s right by the fuel pump. I bet your stater cutoff relay is going out. Does it jus cut like you hit he hill switch or sputter and die?? Also when you try to start it back up does it sound weak like the battery is low? It could be ignition switch. Is it original or a china reproduction garbage?? Btw here that pic sorry I’ve been busy!!! This is jus temporary

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts