Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just a question about cutting the standard exhaust of a 04 r6, Done a search but couldnt find any posts about it.

Im planning to cut it off just after where it connects to the pasenger foot peg.

Has any body done it? and if so, is it alright for the engine? in terms of power & sound etc. I pretty much just want to do to make it louder :p

and before someone says it Im not botherd buying an after market. unless I mess the cut up lol...

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have an 08 and yea i cut it. wats ur email, i can send u pics
sound is a bit louder than stock but not too loud ( i wanted it louder tho) but it looks way nicer and i didnt have to tune anything. the rivets are a pain in the ass to take off. but all u need is a grinder, flat black high temp paint and a rivets gun and of course rivets.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh okay lol, I think i'll go ahead with it ill post up the out come for furture reference

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so I changed my mind about cutting it, after being shown the difference between a cut exhaust and what a yoshi can produce... so theres the out come :) wish I would make it look like the first pic, with no exhaust at all

Attachments

·
....almost finished...
36 Posts
.....the next step, is to take that long ass Yoshi pipe, and cut it down, about 5-6 inches.....then, you'll REALLY be happy.....trust me. It'll look soooo much tighter, too.....:YEA

·
My R6 eats chickenstrips
46 Posts
Unless you enjoy REALLY pissing off the neighbors and think hearing aids look cool, or if you do track 3 days a week, I wouldn't remove the pipe. We're talking 120 dB at 5,000 rpm. Also, the engine relies on back pressure to run properly, unless you take the bike to be tuned by a professional it won't run as smoothly until you rev it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts