Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I Ride
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody cut the sleeves shorter on an old jacket? I have an extra MotoGP jacket taking up closet space I never wear. I was thinking about cutting the sleeves just past the elbow. Not a vest but more of a 3/4 sleeve ... It's getting hot!

It's tough taking an exacto blade to an expensive jacket... but then again it's an extra I never wear

·
I Ride
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just folded the cut ends under... but that's the look and feel I was going for.

I'm gonna have my wife sew the new cuffs tonight.. sewing's a hobby of hers. No regrets it feels great and it looks awesome.

·
Suk it, Lee
19,069 Posts
Your arms are generally the first thing to hit the ground.

If anything, cut the sleeves off, and just wear them.

·
I Ride
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My brother is my tattoo artist.. I've never paid for ink. I do a lot of longboarding and we've had to touch up road rash before. The tattoos aren't a concern... with gloves it's only about 10" of skin exposed.

I have a leather jacket that I wear every time I ride.. it was exceptionally warm today and after a long ride I wanted something for the hot days. I thought the 3/4 sleeve might work so I gave it a shot.

If I wanted a vest, I would just buy a vest. Again, I wanted 3/4 sleeve and revzilla had nothing. I improvised with a jacket that's been in my closet for over a year. If you don't like it that's fine..

I like it... and if I drop the bike my tattoos are the least of my concern

BTW I did lay a bike down in this jacket... hence the small bits of rash.

·
I like corners.
357 Posts
Lol, one of 'those'. I'm actually laughing out loud.

I always get a kick out of guys that roll up the sleeves on hoodies or sweaters, just to make sure everyone knows they have tattoos. But cutting the sleeves off of a leather jacket is full on hilarious. It's your stuff, do what you want, and what makes you happy. I'm just pointing out how you've one-upped the sweater tattoo guys I always laugh at.

And I'm allowed to laugh. I've never once rolled up a long sleeve to show off my full sleeve tattoo either.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I Ride
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol, one of 'those'. I'm actually laughing out loud.

I always get a kick out of guys that roll up the sleeves on hoodies or sweaters, just to make sure everyone knows they have tattoos. But cutting the sleeves off of a leather jacket is full on hilarious. It's your stuff, do what you want, and what makes you happy. I'm just pointing out how you've one-upped the sweater tattoo guys I always laugh at.

And I'm allowed to laugh. I've never once rolled up a long sleeve to show off my full sleeve tattoo either.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Laugh all you want... doesn't bother me

·
I Ride
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
You know if I wanted to show off my tattoos I'm sure there's a thread for that. For **** sake this isn't about the tattoos. I just wanted a 3/4 sleeve jacket and the perforated motoGP jacket seemed like it would work. If I didn't have any tattoos would it make a difference or would I still be a joke to some of you.

Again, this isn't about showing off the tattoos... I'm married so it's not about the chicks either. I thought the 3/4 sleeve jacket would be cool. Apparently some of you don't think so...

The longer i'm on this forum the less I feel like posting anything. Some of you really have nothing better to do than dog peoples posts. I don't mind the criticism but there's constructive criticism and then there's just being a douchebag. Laugh away though...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
They dont make 3/4 sleeve jackets for the same reason they dont make midriff jackets. Its fcuking stupid, makes people question your sexuality, and when you crash, that shit is going to roll up and lead the asphalt have its way with your skin.

Just dont do it. And if you do, for fcuk's sake, get a GSXR.

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
I have a leather jacket that I wear every time I ride.. it was exceptionally warm today and after a long ride I wanted something for the hot days. I thought the 3/4 sleeve might work so I gave it a shot.
You live on Whidbey Island? In the Pacific Northwest? What exactly do you consider a hot day? The high was like 75* there yesterday.

·
I Ride
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They dont make 3/4 sleeve jackets for the same reason they dont make midriff jackets. Its fcuking stupid, makes people question your sexuality, and when you crash, that shit is going to roll up and lead the asphalt have its way with your skin.

Just dont do it. And if you do, for fcuk's sake, get a GSXR.
Your one of those douchebags I was talking about. Thanks for your input clown

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Your one of those douchebags I was talking about. Thanks for your input clown
Any time, but its kinda funny youre cutting the sleeves of jackets and I'm the douchebag? ;)

·
My R6 loves me
321 Posts
the person who wants exposed skin to remain cool on a warm day is the same person who hasn't taken a spill and understands how much the leather will save your ass

good luck at them bike nights dude, you'll fit right in :popcorn:

·
I Ride
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have taken a spill... wearing that jacket actually.

This forum is lousy... you guys are great at running people off. Lots of cliques and assholes. Everyone here seems to have huge pussies

I'll do you all a favor and stop posting

·
Formerly UnknownResource
490 Posts
If you like it, that's all that matters. Why even let their opinions bother you? In their defense though, you did ask for their opinion. I agree, most of the things a lot of these guys post are in the form of smartass remarks, but they don't mean any harm. Do like I do.. Sit back , chill, and watch them bust other peoples balls. After all, it's just a forum...

sent while on the move

1 - 20 of 33 Posts